HomePNA (Home Phoneline Networking Alliance) News
Sigma Designs Launches Two Media Processors With Integrated Home Connectivity
Sep 9, 2012 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the introduction of its SMP8680 and SMP8682 media processors, which deliver integrated HPNA connectivity for IPTV and hybrid Set-Top Boxes (STBs).
News categories: Digital TV, Home Networking, HomePNA, IBCShow, ICs, IPTV, Phoneline, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HomePlug Node Shipments to Surpass 30 Million by 2014
Jun 29, 2011 – Acording to In-Stat, set-top box home networking will be dominated by MoCA over the next five years. However, G.hn will make impressive gains becoming the second most popular standard by 2013 and challenging MoCA by 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Coax, Digital TV, Gateway, HomePlug, HomePNA, Market Research, MoCA, Personal Video Recorder, Phoneline, Powerline, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HomePNA® Approved by DLNA for Inclusion in its Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines
Jun 28, 2011 – The HomePNA Alliance has announced that its technology standard has been approved by the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) for incorporation into the next version of its Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: HomePNA Alliance, Digital Living Network Alliance, DLNA, Home Networking, HomePNA, Phoneline
HomePlug, HomePNA and MoCA Networking Nodes Shipments Surpass 40 Million in 2010
Apr 26, 2011 – The demand for more bandwidth-consuming applications is causing service providers to turn to wired networking solutions, propelling non-Ethernet home networking node shipments past the 40 million units in 2010, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Gateway, Home Networking, HomePlug, HomePNA, Market Research, MoCA, Router, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Brings 'Hollywood Experience' to the Living Room at CES 2011
Jan 4, 2011 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it will showcase at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show, new products and award-winning solutions that bring the first studio-quality entertainment experience to the living room.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Blu-ray, CES2014, Coax, Home Networking, HomePlug, HomePNA, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Phoneline, Powerline, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sigma Designs Ships 20 Million HomePNA Chipsets
Nov 30, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it has shipped more than 20 million HomePNA® chipsets worldwide.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Home Networking, HomePNA, Market Research, Phoneline, Semiconductor
PMC-Sierra and Sigma Designs Demonstrate End-to-End FTTx and HomePNA Solution for Cable TV Networks
Oct 5, 2010 – PMC-Sierra (Nasdaq: PMCS) and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) have announced a live demonstration of an Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON) and a HomePNA Fast Ethernet over Coax (EoC) solution for cable operators looking to deploy FTTx.
News categories: Sigma Designs, PMC-Sierra, Cable TV, China, Fibre, Home Networking, HomePNA, Infrastructure, Semiconductor
Sigma Designs to Demo New Technology for Home Entertainment Networking, Home Control and Media Processing at IBC2010
Sep 6, 2010 – Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) will be showcasing to the company's many innovations at IBC2010. Sigma Designs will be demonstrating cutting-edge technologies in media processing, home entertainment networking, and home control in its suite.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Home Networking, HomePlug, HomePNA, IBCShow, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
- ViXS begins shipments of industry's first SoC to support Ultra HD 4K and 10-bit HEVC
- Peregrine ships RF switch for TVs, Set-Top Boxes and DVRs
- Alticast to premiere HDMI stick set-top box at CES2014
- Egatel provides transmitters for Chile's first DTT transmissions
- FiOS TV app now available on Xbox One
- Clearleap and Accedo partner to provide seamless and scalable multiscreen solutions
- Canal Digital Kabel launches on demand services powered by Espial
- Mediaset launches Infinity OTT on Tivùon! platform with Intertrust DRM
- Channel Master introduces DVR+ hybrid PVR for US DTT
- Hrvatski Telekom deploys SmarDTV SmarCAM-3.5 CI Plus modules
- Siano launches advanced receiver chip for DVB-T2
- Connected TV device ownership to double by 2017
- Silicon Image introduces MHL 3.0 4K Ultra HD solution for mobile devices
- Worldwide transcoder vendor revenues set to get a boost from HEVC in 2014
- Tricolor TV registers 10 millionth paying subscriber
- NEOTION deploys the first Cardless CAM in MENA for My‐HD
- LG Uplus IPTV subscribers pass the 1.5 million mark
- Opera launches Chromium/Blink engine for RDK set-top boxes
- 2.5 million TV subscribers for Russia's ER-Telecom
- Simple.TV selects Gracenote to power EPGs for on-screen and second screen apps