HomePNA (Home Phoneline Networking Alliance) News
Sigma Designs Launches Two Media Processors With Integrated Home Connectivity
Sep 9, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced the introduction of its SMP8680 and SMP8682 media processors, which deliver integrated HPNA connectivity for IPTV and hybrid Set-Top Boxes (STBs).
News categories: Digital TV, Home Networking, HomePNA, IBC, ICs, IPTV, Phoneline, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HomePlug Node Shipments to Surpass 30 Million by 2014
Jun 29, 2011 — Acording to In-Stat, set-top box home networking will be dominated by MoCA over the next five years. However, G.hn will make impressive gains becoming the second most popular standard by 2013 and challenging MoCA by 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Coax, Digital TV, Gateway, HomePlug, HomePNA, Market Research, MoCA, Personal Video Recorder, Phoneline, Powerline, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HomePNA® Approved by DLNA for Inclusion in its Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines
Jun 28, 2011 — The HomePNA Alliance has announced that its technology standard has been approved by the Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) for incorporation into the next version of its Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: HomePNA Alliance, Digital Living Network Alliance, DLNA, Home Networking, HomePNA, Phoneline
HomePlug, HomePNA and MoCA Networking Nodes Shipments Surpass 40 Million in 2010
Apr 26, 2011 — The demand for more bandwidth-consuming applications is causing service providers to turn to wired networking solutions, propelling non-Ethernet home networking node shipments past the 40 million units in 2010, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Gateway, Home Networking, HomePlug, HomePNA, Market Research, MoCA, Router, Set Top Box
Sigma Designs Brings 'Hollywood Experience' to the Living Room at CES 2011
Jan 4, 2011 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it will showcase at the 2011 Consumer Electronics Show, new products and award-winning solutions that bring the first studio-quality entertainment experience to the living room.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Blu-ray, CES, Coax, Home Networking, HomePlug, HomePNA, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Phoneline, Powerline, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Sigma Designs Ships 20 Million HomePNA Chipsets
Nov 30, 2010 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it has shipped more than 20 million HomePNA® chipsets worldwide.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Home Networking, HomePNA, Market Research, Phoneline, Semiconductor
PMC-Sierra and Sigma Designs Demonstrate End-to-End FTTx and HomePNA Solution for Cable TV Networks
Oct 5, 2010 — PMC-Sierra (Nasdaq: PMCS) and Sigma Designs (Nasdaq:SIGM) have announced a live demonstration of an Ethernet Passive Optical Network (EPON) and a HomePNA Fast Ethernet over Coax (EoC) solution for cable operators looking to deploy FTTx.
News categories: Sigma Designs, PMC-Sierra, Cable TV, China, Fibre, Home Networking, HomePNA, Infrastructure, Semiconductor
Sigma Designs to Demo New Technology for Home Entertainment Networking, Home Control and Media Processing at IBC2010
Sep 6, 2010 — Sigma Designs (Nasdaq: SIGM) will be showcasing to the company’s many innovations at IBC2010. Sigma Designs will be demonstrating cutting-edge technologies in media processing, home entertainment networking, and home control in its suite.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Home Networking, HomePlug, HomePNA, IBC, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results