ICs (Integrated Circuits), Chips, SoCs, Semiconductor Products News
Broadcom launches industry's first single-chip DVB-T2 receiver SoC
Jan 28, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the industry's first fully integrated, single chip, DVB-T2 receiver SoC. The Broadcom BCM7563 includes a DVB-T2 tuner, demodulator, CPU, high-definition audio, video and graphics back-end.
News categories: Broadcom, CSTB, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
STMicroelectronics releases two new set-top box SoCs
Jan 8, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has added two new devices to its range of set-top box (STB) system-on-chip ICs. The STiH253 integrates a DVB-T2 demodulator for terrestrial STBs. The STiH271EL is targeted at price-sensitive basic zapper markets.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Digital TV, DVB-T2, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Broadcom Unveils World's First Ultra HD TV Home Gateway Chip
Jan 8, 2013 – Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM) has announced the world's first Ultra TV video decoder IC. The 28nm ARM-based BCM7445 supports the HEVC video coding standard and can simultaneously deliver four transcoded HD video streams over IP for content on any screen.
News categories: Broadcom, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, ICs, Semiconductor
STMicroelectronics launches first 16x4 DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem ICs
Jan 4, 2013 – STMicroelectronics (NYSE: STM) has revealed the first three chips in its new DOCSIS 3.0 cable modem IC family. These are believed to be the world's first DOCSIS 3.0 devices providing up to 16 downlink channels, with four uplink channels.
News categories: STMicroelectronics, Cable Modem, Cable TV, DOCSIS, ICs, Semiconductor
MaxLinear announces MxL608 tuner for cost-sensitive DVB-T and DTMB applications
Dec 5, 2012 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL608, a digital TV tuner optimized for cost-sensitive DVB-T and DTMB applications. The MxL608 is part of MaxLinear’s MxL600 'super radio' family of CMOS tuners.
News categories: MaxLinear, Digital TV, DTMB, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
MaxLinear Launches MxL500 Family of Full-Spectrum Capture™ Satellite Receiver ICs
Oct 25, 2012 – MaxLinear (NYSE: MXL) has announced the MxL500 family of Full-Spectrum Capture (FSC™) tuner-demodulators for DVB-S/S2 satellite television systems, supporting between one and four RF inputs and up to eight DVB-S/S2 demodulator outputs.
News categories: MaxLinear, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Gateway, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
ALi DVB-T HD Set-Top-Box SoC to Showcase at Hong Kong Electronics Fair
Oct 11, 2012 – ALi Corporation (TPE:3041) has announced that its new DVB-T high definition STB system-on-chip, M3801, will be demonstrated with partner solutions at the Hong Kong Electronics Fair (Autumn Edition), to be held on October 13-16, 2012.
News categories: ALi Corp, Digital TV, ICs, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Silicon Image Announces Video Processors for Home Theater Applications
Oct 1, 2012 – Silicon Image (NASDAQ: SIMG) has announced two upscaling video processors, designed to also enhance the picture quality of streaming or downloaded Internet video.
News categories: Silicon Image, Blu-ray, CEATEC, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA