OTT (Over-the-top, P2P, PC-TV, Internet TV, online video, IP Video) News
Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
Dec 4, 2013 – Elliptic Technologies has announced the availability of tVault™ DRM for Microsoft® PlayReady® to secure content on connected devices. Along with this launch, Elliptic has fully integrated the tVault™ DRM solution on the NVIDIA® Tegra® 4i mobile processor.
News categories: Elliptic Technologies, NVIDIA, Microsoft PlayReady, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor
Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
Dec 4, 2013 – Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced a Full HD media processor, the ARMADA® 1500 Plus system-on-chip (SoC), designed for smart video products based on Android JellyBean 4.2.2. Hisense is to use the SoC in TV Products supporting Google Services for Smart TVs.
News categories: Marvell, Hisense, Digital TV, ICs, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
Dec 3, 2013 – INSIDE Secure (Paris: INSD) has announced that it has licensed its downloadable DRM Fusion Agent™ software to Sky Italia, who is using it to protect premium video content delivery for their Sky Go OTT video service.
News categories: INSIDE Secure, Sky Italia, Apps, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Italy, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
Nov 29, 2013 – LOVEFiLM has announced the arrival of the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming application on PlayStation®4 - Sony's next generation video games console. The app allows film and TV fans to access the latest entertainment from the LOVEFiLM Instant catalogue.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Sony Computer Entertainment, Apps, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, OTT, UK
LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
Nov 22, 2013 – Members of LOVEFiLM can now access thousands of films and TV shows from the LOVEFiLM Instant streaming catalogue on Xbox One, Microsoft's new generation all-in-one gaming and entertainment system.
News categories: LOVEFiLM, Digital TV, Games Console, Germany, OTT, UK
SFR launches set-top box with Google Play in France
Nov 19, 2013 – SFR is the first operator in Europe to offer a set-top box based on Android 4.2, giving access to Google Play services on the television. In addition to receiving VOD services, the box can receive up to 25 channels of terrestrial broadcast TV.
News categories: SFR, Digital TV, France, OTT, Set Top Box
Video is No 1 Activity on PC, Mobile and Tablet in U.S.
Nov 18, 2013 – GlobalWebIndex has launched its largest-ever report on US internet use. For the first time, it provides on-going tracking of the breakdown of specific digital behaviors by state, ethnicity and voting preference.
News categories: GlobalWebIndex, Market Research, OTT, PC Video, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Sling Media announces SlingPlayer Channel on Roku
Nov 18, 2013 – Sling Media (NASDAQ: SATS) has unveiled three new clients. SlingPlayer 3.0 and the SlingPlayer channel on the Roku® streaming platform are both available for download today. Sling Media will also introduce an app for Windows 8.1 in December.
News categories: Sling Media, Roku, Apps, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Placeshifting, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, USA
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)