IPTV (Internet Protocol Television), Video-over-IP, TVoIP, Telco TV News
Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
Dec 4, 2013 – Bosnia's m:tel has announced that it plans to upgrade its digital television service in 2014, with high definition programming, and support for viewing on connected devices.
News categories: m:tel, Motorola, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Digital TV, IPTV, Multiscreen
Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
Dec 3, 2013 – Russia's Rostelecom has announced that it now has 2 million subscribers to its interactive TV service, with the subscriber base tripling over the past two years.
News categories: Rostelecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Russia, Subscribers
Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
Dec 2, 2013 – According to Portugal's Autoridade Nacional de Comunicações (ANACOM), there were 3.156 million subscribers to subscription TV in the country at the end of the 3rd Quarter of 2013, up thirteen thousand in the quarter, and 49 thousand year-on-year.
News categories: ANACOM, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Portugal, Satellite, Subscribers
Telekom Slovenije adds 10,300 pay TV connections in 3Q 2013
Nov 28, 2013 – Telekom Slovenije has published its Business Report for the period January – September 2013. Over the first nine months of this year the number of TV connections was up 12% to reach 313,965.
News categories: Telekom Slovenije, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cable TV, IPTV, Kosovo, Macedonia, Multiscreen, Results, Slovenia, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Dutch digital TV subscribers grow to 6.6 million in Q3
Nov 26, 2013 – The number of digital TV connections in the Netherlands grew by 1.0 percent during the third quarter of 2013 to 6.61 million on 30 September 2013. According to Telecompaper, digital TV is now used by 85.3 percent of TV subscribers in the Netherlands.
News categories: Telecompaper, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Netherlands, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
Nov 26, 2013 – Vivendi’s Supervisory Board has validated the group’s planned demerger. Based on the analysis submitted, this plan could take the form of a distribution of SFR shares to Vivendi shareholders on the day of the transaction.
News categories: Vivendi, SFR, Digital TV, France, IPTV, M&A, Satellite
Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018
Nov 26, 2013 – Telcos and cable operators are investing heavily in their networks to upgrade their subscribers to bundles. These operators will reap the rewards of this investment as total subscription revenues will increase by 65% from $124 billion in 2012 to $205 billion in 2018, according to the Triple-Play Forecasts report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Deutsche Telekom adds iPhone support for Entertain to Go service
Nov 21, 2013 – Deutsche Telekom has announced that an iPhone app for the portable version of its 'Entertain' IPTV service, 'Entertain to Go', is now available, with an Android version for smartphones and tablets scheduled for release in December.
News categories: Deutsche Telekom, Apps, Germany, IPTV, Multiscreen
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal