IPTV (Internet Protocol Television), Video-over-IP, TVoIP, Telco TV News
End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
May 23, 2013 — At this year's ANGA COM Motama will present the latest extensions of its product portfolio. Motama's servers offer a one-stop turn-key solution providing end-to-end delivery, for both Internet/Over-the-Top streaming, as well as for managed IPTV networks using enhanced multicast distribution.
News categories: Motama, ANGA COM, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
May 20, 2013 — TDS Telecommunications (TDS®) has announced that it has updated their TDS TV Microsoft® Mediaroom® platform to version 2.3. TDS TV customers with Mediaroom gain more than a dozen new features and options, giving them more control over their TV-watching experience.
News categories: TDS Telecom, IPTV, Middleware, USA
Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
May 20, 2013 — Telekom Malaysia (TM) has announced that its IPTV service - HyppTV - will be available nationwide and on multiple platforms with the introduction of its latest offerings - HyppTV Over Broadband and HyppTV Everywhere.
News categories: Telekom Malaysia, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia
Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
May 16, 2013 — According to a survey from market research firm Infonetics, broadband data, IPTV, WiFi hotspot access, and VoIP are the main applications operator respondents are currently offering using a residential gateway.
News categories: Infonetics, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet
ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
May 16, 2013 — Cooperation between ITU and the IEC has produced a metadata standard to enable rights information interoperability in IPTV services. The standard provides a framework for communicating data to ensure that multimedia content can be shared legally across different platforms.
News categories: International Telecommunication Union, International Electrotechnical Commission, IPTV
TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
May 16, 2013 — TalkTalk signed up 150,000 new subscribers to its YouView service in the first three months of this year – making TalkTalk TV the UK’s fastest-growing new TV service.
News categories: TalkTalk, Digital TV, IPTV, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial, UK
Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
May 16, 2013 — Vodafone Germany has announced a next-generation network access agreement with Deutsche Telekom (DT) which will allow Vodafone to offer high-speed fixed-line broadband and internet protocol-based TV (IPTV) services across Germany.
News categories: Vodafone, Deutsche Telekom, Digital TV, Germany, Infrastructure, IPTV, VDSL
Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
May 15, 2013 — According to a report from J'son & Partners Consulting, at the end of 2012 the IPTV subscriber base in Russia was about 2.54 million, or 4.7% of households in the country.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market