ISDB (1-Seg, 3-Seg, ISDB-Tmm) Mobile TV News
DiBcom Launches Digital TV & Radio Chip for Automotive Head Units
Sep 4, 2012 — DiBcom has announced a new circuit dedicated to head units, for Mobile TV and Digital Radio integration into Automobiles. The chip supports all active digital TV formats in the World such as ISDB-T; DVB-T; DAB/DAB+; T-DMB, CMMB and CTTB; ATSC and ATSC M/H.
News categories: DiBcom, ATSC, ATSC Mobile DTV, CMMB, DAB, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, In-Car, ISDB, ISDB-T, Mobile, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Terrestrial
Newport Media ISDB-T SoCs Power Phones from Samsung, HTC, LG, Motorola and ZTE
Jun 28, 2012 — Newport Media has announced major design wins at several suppliers of smartphone and feature phone products. In both Latin America and Japan, network operators have selected Newport Media Digital TV enabled phones.
News categories: Newport Media, Digital TV, ISDB, Japan, Latin America, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone
MPEG Surround Licensing Program Addresses New ARIB Multi-Channel Audio Standard for Mobile Broadcasting
Apr 16, 2012 — Via Licensing has announced a patent licensing program for MPEG Surround, the only surround sound format specified by the Japanese Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (ARIB) for mobile broadcasting systems.
News categories: Via Licensing, ISDB, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, Licensing, Mobile, Patent
Siano Launches New Products for Japanese Mobile DTV Market
Mar 12, 2012 — Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that is also rolling out a family of new receiver chips designed to serve Japanâ€™s mobile and portable DTV markets, as well as the ISDB-Tmm market, Japan's new mobile Pay-TV initiative.
News categories: Siano, DoCoMo, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, Mobile, Semiconductor
Newport Media Achieves Key Milestone of 70 Million Broadcast TV ICs Shipped Worldwide
Feb 27, 2012 — Newport Media has announced that it has reached a key milestone in company history with cumulative shipments of more than 70 million CMOS SoCs that address multiple global standards for broadcast Mobile TV.
News categories: Newport Media, CMMB, ISDB, Market Research, Mobile, MWC13, Semiconductor
DOCOMO Unveils Japanâ€™s First Two Devices for V-High Multimedia Broadcasting Services
Feb 16, 2012 — NTT DOCOMO (Tokyo:9437) has announced two Android mobiles, Japan's first devices compatible with V-High multimedia broadcasting. Users of the devices will be able to watch 'NOTTV', a mobile multimedia broadcasting station that will begin operating on April 1.
News categories: DOCOMO, NOTTV, Digital TV, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet
EXPWAY and Siano team up to support ATSC-M/H and ISDB-Tmm mobile devices
Dec 15, 2011 — EXPWAY and Siano have announced their partnership to deliver top-quality mobile devices. Pairing Sianoâ€™s mobile ATSC silicon with EXPWAYâ€™s middleware enables manufacturers to build their devices faster and to focus on brand-related issues.
News categories: EXPWAY, Siano, ATSC Mobile DTV, CES, Digital TV, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Elgato and Siano partner to deliver digital TV products for Apple devices
Dec 7, 2011 — Elgato and Siano have announced the signing of a collaboration agreement whereby both companies will jointly deliver high-quality solutions for viewing digital TV on Apple devices, including the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
News categories: Siano Mobile Silicon, Elgato, ATSC Mobile DTV, CES, CMMB, Digital TV, ISDB, ISDB-T, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- PathÃ© partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results