ISDB-Tmm Mobile Multimedia Broadcasting News
MPEG Surround Licensing Program Addresses New ARIB Multi-Channel Audio Standard for Mobile Broadcasting
Apr 16, 2012 – Via Licensing has announced a patent licensing program for MPEG Surround, the only surround sound format specified by the Japanese Association of Radio Industries and Businesses (ARIB) for mobile broadcasting systems.
News categories: Via Licensing, ISDB, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, Licensing, Multiscreen, Patent
Siano Launches New Products for Japanese Mobile DTV Market
Mar 12, 2012 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced that is also rolling out a family of new receiver chips designed to serve Japan's mobile and portable DTV markets, as well as the ISDB-Tmm market, Japan's new mobile Pay-TV initiative.
News categories: Siano, DoCoMo, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, Multiscreen, Semiconductor
DOCOMO Unveils Japan's First Two Devices for V-High Multimedia Broadcasting Services
Feb 16, 2012 – NTT DOCOMO (Tokyo:9437) has announced two Android mobiles, Japan's first devices compatible with V-High multimedia broadcasting. Users of the devices will be able to watch 'NOTTV', a mobile multimedia broadcasting station that will begin operating on April 1.
News categories: DOCOMO, NOTTV, Digital TV, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, Multiscreen, Smartphone, Tablet
EXPWAY and Siano team up to support ATSC-M/H and ISDB-Tmm mobile devices
Dec 15, 2011 – EXPWAY and Siano have announced their partnership to deliver top-quality mobile devices. Pairing Siano's mobile ATSC silicon with EXPWAY's middleware enables manufacturers to build their devices faster and to focus on brand-related issues.
News categories: EXPWAY, Siano, ATSC Mobile DTV, CES, Digital TV, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, Middleware, Multiscreen, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Smartphone-only TV service to launch in Japan
Oct 4, 2011 – MMBI has announced, at the CEATEC electronics show in Tokyo, its new mobile TV channel to be called 'NOTTV'. The service will only be available on smartphones, and will launch officially in April 2012.
News categories: MMBI, CEATEC, Digital TV, ISDB, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, Multiscreen, Smartphone
Japan to Start ISDB-Tmm Mobile Multimedia Broadcasting in Spring 2012
Nov 30, 2010 – Multimedia Broadcasting, Inc. has been commissioned as the sole carriage operator providing nationwide multimedia broadcasting services for mobile devices scheduled to start following the termination of analog broadcasting in Japan.
News categories: ISDB-T Multimedia Forum, Digital TV, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, Multiscreen
Japan favours ISDB-Tmm over MediaFLO for mobile TV
Sep 8, 2010 – A government advisory panel in Japan has selected NTT DoCoMo (Tokyo:9437) who proposed the use of ISDB-Tmm, over KDDI (Tokyo: 9433) whose system is based on MediaFLO, to provide a mobile TV service for the country starting in 2012.
News categories: NTT DoCoMo, KDDI, Digital TV, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, MediaFLO, Multiscreen, Regulation
DoCoMo Unveils Mobile TV Prototype at Expo Comm Wireless Japan 2010
Jul 15, 2010 – At the Expo Comm Wireless Japan 2010 trade show, DoCoMo (Tokyo: 9437) unveiled the prototype of a device that will allow users to watch video via its 'mmbi' broadcasting service. The service is due for launch in spring 2012.
News categories: DoCoMo, mmbi, Digital TV, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, Multiscreen
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)