MediaFLO (QUALCOMM FLO TV™) News
Qualcomm's direct-to-consumer FLO TV service to be shut down
Oct 5, 2010 — Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) is suspending its direct-to-consumer sales of new FLO TV devices. Service provided to handsets purchased through wireless operators is unaffected at this time.
News categories: Qualcomm, Digital TV, MediaFLO, Mobile, USA
Cellular Mobile TV a 'Niche', but Still Drives Billions in Revenue
Sep 9, 2010 — It has been a rough few years for subscription mobile TV deployments, as a number of plans never came to fruition and several of those that were launched have been shut down. However, In-Stat sees a recovery in 2010, particularly in Asia/Pacific.
News categories: In-Stat, ATSC Mobile DTV, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, LTE, Market Research, MediaFLO, Mobile, One-Seg, S-DMB, T-DMB
Japan favours ISDB-Tmm over MediaFLO for mobile TV
Sep 8, 2010 — A government advisory panel in Japan has selected NTT DoCoMo (Tokyo:9437) who proposed the use of ISDB-Tmm, over KDDI (Tokyo: 9433) whose system is based on MediaFLO, to provide a mobile TV service for the country starting in 2012.
News categories: NTT DoCoMo, KDDI, Digital TV, ISDB-Tmm, Japan, MediaFLO, Mobile, Regulation
Dedicated Mobile TV Networks Face Uncertain Future
Aug 3, 2010 — A Juniper Research study has found that disappointing adoption levels of mobile TV services, allied to competition from streamed mobile services and mobile reception of free-to-air terrestrial TV, has lead to growing disillusionment within the industry.
News categories: Juniper Research, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, LTE, Market Research, MediaFLO, Mobile, T-DMB
Qualcomm and FarEasTone to Explore Creation of a MediaFLO service in Taiwan
Jul 7, 2010 — Qualcomm (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced that it has signed a non-binding MOU with FAR EASTONE to explore the creation of a broadcast mobile media operator using MediaFLO technology in Taiwan.
News categories: Qualcomm, FarEasTone, Digital TV, MediaFLO, Mobile, Taiwan
KDDI establishes new company, MediaFLO Broadcast Planning Inc.
Jun 3, 2010 — KDDI (Tokyo:9433) has established a new company, MediaFLO Broadcast Planning Incorporated with the aim of expanding into contracted multimedia broadcasting services for mobile terminals using MediaFLO™ (NASDAQ: QCOM) technology.
News categories: KDDI, Digital TV, Japan, MediaFLO, Mobile
FLO TV to Expand Offering with Interactive Capabilities, On-demand Content and Time-shifted Viewing
Apr 13, 2010 — FLO TV (Nasdaq: QCOM) has announced at the 2010 NAB Show that it is working to enhance its mobile TV service with new applications that integrate video with Web-based content and social media tools.
News categories: FLO TV, MediaFLO, Mobile, NABShow, USA
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 — An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, ATSC Mobile DTV, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, CMMB, Colombia, Czech Republic, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, ISDB, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, MediaFLO, Mobile, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, One-Seg, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, S-DMB, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, T-DMB, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results