The Cable Show (NCTA) 2013: June10-12, 2013: Washington, DC
Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
May 21, 2013 — Elemental Technologies has announced that Canby Telcom has chosen Elemental systems to help with creation of a channel on the Roku® streaming platform for over-the-top (OTT) delivery of local broadcast channels to subscribers.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Canby Telcom, Roku, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, TV Everywhere, USA
Verizon Wireless Introduces 'viewdini' Mobile Video Portal
May 22, 2012 — Verizon Wireless has introduced viewdini, a portal that leverages the power of Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network, streamlining access to videos from a wide range of content providers, including cable operators, websites and other popular video sources.
News categories: Verizon Wireless, Digital TV, LTE, Mobile, OTT, The Cable Show, USA
OCN to Deploy Cisco Videoscape for New Multi-Screen Video Experiences in Shanghai
May 22, 2012 — Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Oriental Cable Network (OCN) will deploy its Videoscape platform to enable multi-screen video services for PCs, tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices for its customer base throughout Shanghai, China.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Oriental Cable Network, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, The Cable Show, TV Everywhere
Infosys to Demonstrate Natural User Interface Cable TV Concepts at The Cable Show
May 22, 2012 — Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) will show new ways that consumers may experience TV in the future via multi-channel natural user interfaces at 'Imagine Park', a platform for introducing and demonstrating new products and services at The Cable Show 2012.
News categories: Infosys, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
LG Electronics Empowers Cable Operators to Harness The Power Of Smart TV
May 21, 2012 — At the Cable Show, LG (KSE: 066570) is showing cable MSOs examples of how they can harness the power of LG Smart TV for a level of interactivity between tablets and TVs, bringing live, linear programming directly to connected TVs in subscribers' homes.
News categories: LG Electronics, Cable TV, Smart TV, The Cable Show
NAGRA Introduces Broadcast-to-IP Gateway
May 21, 2012 — NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S) has introduced a broadcast-to-IP gateway which will allow live TV to be delivered to IP-enabled devices without impacting a consumer’s existing live TV viewing experience.
News categories: NAGRA, ANGA COM, Digital TV, DRM, Gateway, Home Networking, Media Player, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, The Cable Show
Minerva Platform Enables Delivery of Next Generation Television Services to Cable Subscribers
May 21, 2012 — Minerva Networks has demonstrated solutions for cable operators at The Cable Show 2012. The solutions are based on the Minerva iTVFusion 5 platform and enable cable MSOs to blend their traditional QAM linear content with compelling IP services.
News categories: Minerva Networks, Cable TV, Middleware, The Cable Show
SeaChange and Civolution Enable Premium VOD for North American Cable Operators
May 21, 2012 — SeaChange (Nasdaq: SEAC) and Civolution have announced that they have created a solution to enable cable operators to offer premium VOD content to their subscribers. The solution is currently being deployed by a large North American cable operator.
News categories: SeaChange, Civolution, Cable TV, Content Protection, North America, The Cable Show
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results