The Cable Show (NCTA) 2013: June10-12, 2013: Washington, DC
LG unveils smart set-top boxes at Cable Show 2013
Jun 10, 2013 – At the 2013 Cable Show, LG Electronics has unveiled a range of energy efficient smart set-top boxes designed to help cable operators capitalize on the Smart TV explosion, accelerate the transition to IPTV and deliver the combination of live, linear and OTT TV that consumers demand.
News categories: LG Electronics, Cable TV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
Espial and Pace to Demonstrate RDK Based Set-Top Box and UI at The Cable Show 2013
Jun 10, 2013 – Espial and Pace (LSE: PIC) have announced that the two companies will demonstrate a Reference Design Kit (RDK) set-top box (STB) at The Cable Show 2013. The demonstration will showcase the Espial RDK-based user experience running on Pace's IP STB using the Espial STB Client.
News categories: Espial, Pace plc, Cable TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
Zenverge to unveil multiscreen video gateway ICs at The Cable Show 2013
Jun 4, 2013 – Zenverge has announced that it will unveil its multi-screen hybrid gateway solutions and real-time HD HEVC content networking technology at The Cable Show.
News categories: Zenverge, Cable TV, Gateway, Home Networking, ICs, Placeshifting, Semiconductor, The Cable Show
Hillcrest Labs secures RDK license from Comcast
May 29, 2013 – Hillcrest Labs has announced that it is the first motion control technology provider to license the Reference Design Kit (RDK) software stack from Comcast. The RDK is a pre-integrated software bundle that creates a common framework for powering tru2way® devices.
News categories: Hillcrest Labs, Comcast, Cable TV, Middleware, OCAP, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, USA
Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
May 21, 2013 – Elemental Technologies has announced that Canby Telcom has chosen Elemental systems to help with creation of a channel on the Roku® streaming platform for over-the-top (OTT) delivery of local broadcast channels to subscribers.
News categories: Elemental Technologies, Canby Telcom, Roku, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, TV Everywhere, USA
Verizon Wireless Introduces 'viewdini' Mobile Video Portal
May 22, 2012 – Verizon Wireless has introduced viewdini, a portal that leverages the power of Verizon Wireless' 4G LTE network, streamlining access to videos from a wide range of content providers, including cable operators, websites and other popular video sources.
News categories: Verizon Wireless, Digital TV, LTE, Multiscreen, OTT, The Cable Show, USA
OCN to Deploy Cisco Videoscape for New Multi-Screen Video Experiences in Shanghai
May 22, 2012 – Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) has announced that Oriental Cable Network (OCN) will deploy its Videoscape platform to enable multi-screen video services for PCs, tablets, smartphones and other mobile devices for its customer base throughout Shanghai, China.
News categories: Cisco Systems, Oriental Cable Network, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, The Cable Show, TV Everywhere
Infosys to Demonstrate Natural User Interface Cable TV Concepts at The Cable Show
May 22, 2012 – Infosys (NASDAQ: INFY) will show new ways that consumers may experience TV in the future via multi-channel natural user interfaces at 'Imagine Park', a platform for introducing and demonstrating new products and services at The Cable Show 2012.
News categories: Infosys, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal