The Cable Show (NCTA) 2013: June10-12, 2013: Washington, DC
SeaChange and Civolution Announce Partnership for NexGuard Video Watermarking to Enable Premium VOD for Cable Services
Jun 22, 2011 — SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) and Civolution have announced a collaboration to offer NexGuard forensic watermarking for premium VOD, critical for cable operators looking to launch Home Premiere services.
News categories: Civolution, SeaChange, Cable TV, Content Protection, The Cable Show, Watermarking
SeaChange Announces Next-Generation Remote Storage DVR
Jun 15, 2011 — SeaChange International (NASDAQ: SEAC) has announced its comprehensive next generation Remote Storage DVR (RS-DVR) network solution that reduces video operators’ capex and simplifies multi-room DVR.
News categories: SeaChange, Cable TV, IPTV, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, The Cable Show
Pace RNG-210n/Comcast Xfinity Spectrum DVR is a Pentium® M-based Test Bed
Jun 14, 2011 — Pace (LSE: PIC), Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) and Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) have released details on the Pace RNG-210n (a.k.a. Xfinity Spectrum DVR). The Pace-made DVR doesn’t use an Atom™-based Intel CE4200 but instead uses the Pentium® M-based CE3100.
News categories: IMS Research, Pace plc, Intel Corp, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, USA
Motorola Mobility and Time Warner Cable Collaborate to Deliver an Advanced Video Gateway Platform
Jun 14, 2011 — Motorola Mobility (NYSE: MMI) has announced that it is engaging with Time Warner Cable (NYSE:TWC) to develop a video gateway platform capable of delivering an advanced consumer in-home entertainment experience.
News categories: Motorola, Time Warner Cable, Cable TV, Digital TV, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, USA
Intel-Based Set-Top Box Powers Comcast Xfinity TV Experience
Jun 14, 2011 — Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) has announced that its media processors are helping power the Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) Xfinity TV experience which uses a new guide and user interface to make the television more interactive, personal and social.
News categories: Intel Corp, Comcast, Pace plc, Cable TV, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, USA
Pace provides set-top box for Comcast’s next-generation TV experience
Jun 14, 2011 — Pace (LSE: PIC) is working with Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) to launch a new hybrid DVR set-top box with tru2way and IP capabilities that delivers an advanced personalized TV viewing experience.
News categories: Pace plc, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, OCAP, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, USA
Zoran Introduces Optimized Interactive IP Set-Top Products for Service Operators
Jun 14, 2011 — Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating a new platform optimized for high definition interactive IP set-top box systems at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) Show.
News categories: Zoran, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
chumby and Pace Unveil chumby apps for TV Market
Jun 14, 2011 — chumby industries, a software company that provides a personalized Internet experience to a multitude of connected devices, and Pace (LSE: PIC) will unveil chumby apps on Pace set-top boxes at the Pace booth at The Cable Show in Chicago.
News categories: chumby, Pace plc, Apps, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results