The Cable Show (NCTA) 2013: June10-12, 2013: Washington, DC
Entropic Powers Comcast Reference Design Kit for Xfinity IP-Client Devices
May 21, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its silicon and software will be integrated with the Comcast (NASDAQ: CMCSA, CMCSK) Reference Design Kit (RDK) to provide device manufacturers an opportunity to quickly develop and bring-to-market IP-Client STBs.
News categories: Entropic, Comcast, Cable TV, Digital TV, Middleware, OCAP, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, The Cable Show, USA
VisualOn Integrates MPEG-DASH at the Cable Show 2012
May 21, 2012 – VisualOn has announced that it has incorporated MPEG-DASH into the company's mobile media player, OnStream MediaPlayer+. MPEG-DASH provides a solution for content providers to unify their content delivery approach across a broad range of devices.
News categories: VisualOn, Media Player, Multiscreen, OTT, The Cable Show
Motorola Mobility Showcases the Evolution of TV and a Smart, Simple Connected Home at The Cable Show 2012
May 18, 2012 – Motorola's (NYSE: MMI) mix of smart software, network and in-home technologies will be on display in a Living Room setting, demonstrating how the company is further empowering service providers to deliver on the promise of the IP Connected Home of the Future.
News categories: Motorola, Cable TV, Content Protection, Home Networking, Infrastructure, Middleware, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
Time Warner Cable Selects SecureMedia® by Motorola Medios for Secure Multi-Screen Content Delivery
May 18, 2012 – Time Warner Cable (NYSE: TWC) subscribers will be able to enjoy entertainment on their device of choice thanks to SecureMedia's (NYSE: MMI) Encryptonite ONE™ HLS+, the security component of Motorola's Medios multi-screen ecosystem.
News categories: SecureMedia, Time Warner Cable, Motorola, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, The Cable Show, USA
Azuki Systems Partners with D-Link to Bring OTT Content to Multi-Screens
May 18, 2012 – Azuki Systems has announced that D-Link's new companion set-top-box (STB) embedded with the Azuki Media Client allows cable TV operators to offer customers access to over-the-top content in their living rooms via multi-screens and home TV sets.
News categories: D-Link, Azuki Systems, Cable TV, China, Japan, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box, Taiwan, The Cable Show
SeaChange to Highlight Software for Multi-Screen Video Services at The Cable Show
May 15, 2012 – At The Cable Show, SeaChange (NASDAQ: SEAC) will demonstrate cloud-based solutions for expanding cable services to tablets, smartphones, PCs and other devices, and new innovations in multi-screen, advertising, and mobile device TV applications.
News categories: SeaChange, Advertising, Apps, Cable TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Smart TV, Smartphone, The Cable Show, TV Everywhere
Entropic Unveils Set-Top Box SoC for Cable and IP-Client Markets
May 14, 2012 – Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has introduced its TSC17x/18x set-top box system-on-a-chip (SoC), offering cable and IP markets a dual-core ARM® Cortex-A9 processors with integrated NEON™ SIMD extensions.
News categories: Entropic, Cable TV, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, The Cable Show
Softel MediaSphere™ Bridge Enables Broadcasters/Operators To Own the Second Screen Experience
May 10, 2012 – Softel has announced MediaSphere™ Bridge, a solution for two-screen interactive television. Unlike Automated Content Recognition-based systems, MediaSphere Bridge uses in-broadcast triggers to link the television and second screen experience.
News categories: Softel, Infrastructure, Tablet, The Cable Show
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million