New Zealand Digital TV News
Asia Pac TV market to pass one billion TV sets in 2012
Apr 24, 2012 — According to Informa Telecoms & Media, Asia Pacific is the world’s largest TV market and will pass the one billion TV sets mark this year. The region leads the way in terms of pay-TV subscribers with 394 million households taking pay-TV at the end of 2011.
News categories: Informa Telecoms & Media, Australia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Philippines, Singapore, Smart TV, Taiwan, Thailand, Vietnam
Quickflix launches movie streaming service in New Zealand
Mar 29, 2012 — Quickflix (ASX: QFX) has announced the launch of its movie subscription streaming service in New Zealand, becoming the first home entertainment company in that country to offer unlimited viewing of Hollywood movies and TV series streamed over the internet.
News categories: Quickflix, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, New Zealand, OTT, PC Video, Smart TV, Tablet
Freeview NZ surges as digital switch over looms
Feb 3, 2012 — Freeview New Zealand sales hit record highs in 2011. The latest figures show that the number of MyFreeview digital TV recorders grew by 180% in 2011 compared to the previous year and sales of other Freeview receivers grew by 75% over the same period.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Digital TV, Market Research, New Zealand, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Igloo - TV By Kiwis For Kiwis
Dec 7, 2011 — SKY Television and TVNZ have formed a partnership to launch a DTT service, called Igloo, in the first half of 2012. Igloo includes all of New Zealand's free to air DTT channels with an option to purchase an additional 11 Igloo channels.
News categories: Igloo, SKY Television, TVNZ, Digital TV, New Zealand, OTT, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Sky and TVNZ to launch digital pay TV service in New Zealand
Nov 24, 2011 — SKY Television and Television New Zealand (TVNZ) have announced that they have formed a partnership to launch a new digital pay television service, delivering pay channels over SKYs digital terrestrial spectrum.
News categories: TVNZ, SKY Television, Digital TV, New Zealand, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
New Zealand confirms digital switchover dates
Jun 10, 2011 — The final dates for New Zealand television going digital have been announced by New Zealand's Broadcasting Minister Jonathan Coleman. The switchover will occur in four stages.
News categories: Going Digital, Digital TV, New Zealand, Terrestrial
Asia Pacific to add 400 million digital TV homes
Jun 6, 2011 — Asia Pacific is undergoing a digital TV boom that will see penetration increase from 29% in 2010 to 73% in 2016 – or up by nearly 400 million homes, according to a new report from Digital TV Research.
News categories: Digital TV Research Ltd, Asia, Australia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, IPTV, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Market Research, New Zealand, Pakistan, Philippines, Satellite, Singapore, Subscribers, Taiwan, Terrestrial, Thailand, Vietnam
New Zealand to expand Freeview|HD coverage
Mar 27, 2011 — New Zealand's Broadcasting Minister has announced that Freeview|HD will be available to an extra 160,000 homes as it extends the DTT service to Whangarei, Rotorua, Gisborne, Taupo, New Plymouth, Whanganui, Wairarapa, Nelson, Timaru and Invercargill.
News categories: Freeview NZ, Infrastructure, New Zealand, Terrestrial
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision