One-Seg (ISDB-T 1-Seg) News
ACCESS Announces NetFront™ Browser Ginga Edition for Growing Brazilian Mobile TV Market
Feb 14, 2011 – ACCESS CO. has announced NetFront™ Browser DTV Profile Ginga Edition. The new browser supports the Brazilian standard for digital mobile broadcast TV (ISDB-Tb), which includes Ginga-NCL, the Brazil-specific interactive middleware layer.
News categories: ACCESS CO, Brazil, Digital TV, Middleware, Mobile, MWC13, One-Seg, SBTVD
ENSPERT Reveals Mobile TV Offering at International CES 2011
Jan 9, 2011 – ENSPERT announced at CES that the company will be entering the global mobile TV chip-set and solutions market based on Google’s Android operating system in 2011.
News categories: ENSPERT, ATSC Mobile DTV, CES, Digital TV, Mobile, One-Seg, T-DMB, Tablet
Cellular Mobile TV a 'Niche', but Still Drives Billions in Revenue
Sep 9, 2010 – It has been a rough few years for subscription mobile TV deployments, as a number of plans never came to fruition and several of those that were launched have been shut down. However, In-Stat sees a recovery in 2010, particularly in Asia/Pacific.
News categories: In-Stat, ATSC Mobile DTV, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, LTE, Market Research, MediaFLO, Mobile, One-Seg, S-DMB, T-DMB
Siano Launches Receiver Chip for Latin America’s Mobile TV Market
Aug 11, 2010 – Siano Mobile Silicon has announced the launch of a new product, targeting the emerging mobile TV market in the Latin America. The SMS2130 supports the ISDB-T mobile technology, also known as ISDB-T '1-Seg'.
News categories: Siano Mobile, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB, Mobile, One-Seg, Semiconductor
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 – An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, ATSC Mobile DTV, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, CMMB, Colombia, Czech Republic, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, ISDB, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, MediaFLO, Mobile, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, One-Seg, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, S-DMB, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, T-DMB, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
Japanese Digital TV Trials in UAE
Feb 19, 2010 – Mitsubishi Corporation (MC) and Tokyo’s Areaportal Corporation will carry out the first trials of a new, one-seg area broadcasting service from February 16 to 28 in the UAE.
News categories: Mitsubishi, Areaportal, Mobile, One-Seg, UAE
DiBcom Launches ISDB-T Mobile TV Solution in Latin America
Feb 10, 2010 – DiBcom has announced the launch of the DIB10096, a new IC supporting Japanese ISDB-T in Full-Seg and One-Seg as well as European DVB-T, the two most widely used standards in the world today.
News categories: DiBcom, Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Conditional Access, Digital TV, ICs, ISDB-T, One-Seg, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Terrestrial
Silicon Motion Announces Results for the Period Ended December 31, 2009
Feb 1, 2010 – Silicon Motion (Nasdaq:SIMO) has announced its fourth quarter 2009 results. Sales of mobile communication products, which include primarily mobile TV and CDMA RF ICs, decreased 41% from the third quarter to US$3.6 million in the fourth quarter.
News categories: Silicon Motion, CMMB, ISDB, Mobile, One-Seg, Results, SBTVD, Semiconductor
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA