P2P (Peer-to-peer) News
Virgin Media delivers 10.5 million views on BBC iPlayer in June
Jul 21, 2008 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ: VMED) has announced that there have been 10.5 million views of BBC programmes via iPlayer since it was made fully available on its TV platform in June.
News categories: Virgin Media, BBC iPlayer, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, P2P, UK
Set-top box to cut energy consumption
Jul 15, 2008 – AUSTRALIAN researchers are developing a consumer-friendly set-top box to reduce energy consumption by data centres.
News categories: Australia, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, Infrastructure, OTT, P2P, Set Top Box
BBC sets sights on Apple over web video
Jun 26, 2008 – The BBC is developing plans to bring web video such as its iPlayer catch-up service on to television screens, in a move that would take its online ambitions to a new level and pit the corporation against technology groups such as Apple.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, P2P, Set Top Box, UK
Next generation BBC iPlayer launches
Jun 25, 2008 – The BBC has unveiled a new-look BBC iPlayer which fully integrates radio and TV in one interface, as the service records over 100 million requests to view programmes in the six months since its launch.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, P2P, PC Video, UK
More Than One Billion Users Will View Online Video in 2013
May 27, 2008 – Sparked by increasing broadband penetration and rising connection speeds available to a growing percentage of the world’s population, over-the-top video has seen phenomenal growth in very recent years.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, P2P, PC Video
BBC iPlayer receives more than 75 million requests to view since launch
May 20, 2008 – BBC research has revealed that BBC iPlayer has now received more than 75 million requests to stream or download programmes. The total number of requests for downloads and streams of BBC programmes in April was 21 million.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, OTT, P2P, PC Video, Subscribers, UK
Virgin Media and BBC partner to bring BBC iPlayer to TV
Apr 30, 2008 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ: VMED) has announced a partnership with the BBC to launch BBC iPlayer onto its platform, making its 3.5 million TV customers the first in the UK to get the popular service via a TV platform.
News categories: Virgin Media, BBC iPlayer, Cable TV, Digital TV, P2P, Set Top Box, UK
Over 42 million programmes accessed on BBC iPlayer in first three months
Apr 9, 2008 – The BBC has released research that shows that BBC iPlayer has enjoyed significant growth in the first three months since its Christmas Day marketing launch.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, P2P, UK
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA