P2P (Peer-to-peer) News
Virgin Media delivers 10.5 million views on BBC iPlayer in June
Jul 21, 2008 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ: VMED) has announced that there have been 10.5 million views of BBC programmes via iPlayer since it was made fully available on its TV platform in June.
News categories: Virgin Media, BBC iPlayer, Cable TV, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, P2P, UK
Set-top box to cut energy consumption
Jul 15, 2008 – AUSTRALIAN researchers are developing a consumer-friendly set-top box to reduce energy consumption by data centres.
News categories: Australia, Broadband, Digital TV, Europe, Infrastructure, OTT, P2P, Set Top Box
BBC sets sights on Apple over web video
Jun 26, 2008 – The BBC is developing plans to bring web video such as its iPlayer catch-up service on to television screens, in a move that would take its online ambitions to a new level and pit the corporation against technology groups such as Apple.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, P2P, Set Top Box, UK
Next generation BBC iPlayer launches
Jun 25, 2008 – The BBC has unveiled a new-look BBC iPlayer which fully integrates radio and TV in one interface, as the service records over 100 million requests to view programmes in the six months since its launch.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, P2P, PC Video, UK
More Than One Billion Users Will View Online Video in 2013
May 27, 2008 – Sparked by increasing broadband penetration and rising connection speeds available to a growing percentage of the world's population, over-the-top video has seen phenomenal growth in very recent years.
News categories: ABI Research, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, P2P, PC Video
BBC iPlayer receives more than 75 million requests to view since launch
May 20, 2008 – BBC research has revealed that BBC iPlayer has now received more than 75 million requests to stream or download programmes. The total number of requests for downloads and streams of BBC programmes in April was 21 million.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, OTT, P2P, PC Video, Subscribers, UK
Virgin Media and BBC partner to bring BBC iPlayer to TV
Apr 30, 2008 – Virgin Media (NASDAQ: VMED) has announced a partnership with the BBC to launch BBC iPlayer onto its platform, making its 3.5 million TV customers the first in the UK to get the popular service via a TV platform.
News categories: Virgin Media, BBC iPlayer, Cable TV, Digital TV, P2P, Set Top Box, UK
Over 42 million programmes accessed on BBC iPlayer in first three months
Apr 9, 2008 – The BBC has released research that shows that BBC iPlayer has enjoyed significant growth in the first three months since its Christmas Day marketing launch.
News categories: BBC iPlayer, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, P2P, UK
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV