PC Video News
Liberty Global Launches Horizon TV
Sep 7, 2012 — Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced the launch of Horizon TV, a new family of media products that allow customers to view and share all of their favorite content across the TV, computer, tablet and smartphone.
News categories: Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Home Networking, Ireland, Middleware, Netherlands, PC Video, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Israeli Broadcast Authority to launch OTT service for the London Olympics with CastUP
Jul 26, 2012 — The Israeli Broadcast Authority (IBA) has chosen CastUP’s multi-screen OTT platform and integration services for the launch of their new Over the Top (OTT) service in time for the London 2012 Olympics.
News categories: CastUP, Israeli Broadcast Authority, Digital TV, Israel, OTT, PC Video, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Consumers in Emerging Markets, Such as China and Brazil, Will Drive TV Demand
Jul 24, 2012 — According to NPD DisplaySearch, consumers in emerging markets are to drive the next round of demand, with more than 40% planning to purchase a TV in the next 12 months. Declining prices, increased brand promotions, and an on-going replacement cycle are the main reasons.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, PC Video, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
FCC Releases 14th Video Competition Report
Jul 20, 2012 — The most significant trends since the last report relate to the increased deployment of digital technology, consumers' rising demands for access to video programming anywhere and anytime, and the evolution of online video from a niche service into a thriving industry.
News categories: Federal Communications Commission, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Mobile, OTT, PC Video, Satellite, Smart TV, Smartphone, Subscribers, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
BSkyB launches NOW TV online movies
Jul 16, 2012 — BSkyB (LSE:BSY) has announced the launch of NOW TV. NOW TV makes Sky Movies – followed later by Sky Sports - available across a wide range of internet-connected devices, with no contract, set-up costs or installation.
News categories: BSkyB, NOW TV, Digital TV, OTT, PC Video, Smartphone, Tablet, UK
The End of Set-Top Box Domination Looms as Multiscreen Pay-TV Operators Shift to PCs, Smartphones and Tablets
Jul 10, 2012 — In 2015, 49% of all devices obtaining TV services from 43 of the largest global pay-TV operators that have commenced deployment of multiscreen services will be PCs, smartphones, tablets and other so-called multiscreen devices, according to IHS Screen Digest.
News categories: Screen Digest, Cable TV, Digital TV, Games Console, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, PC Video, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Global Tablet Usage for Viewing TV/Video Content Doubles Y/Y
Jun 27, 2012 — Use of tablets such as the iPad and Android-based devices by consumers for viewing TV/video content more than doubled in 14 regional markets surveyed, according to the latest Global TV Replacement Study, conducted by NPD DisplaySearch.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Brazil, China, Digital TV, Germany, Indonesia, Japan, Market Research, OTT, PC Video, Russia, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, UK, USA
J.D. Power 2012 U.S. Residential Pay-To-View Study
Jun 21, 2012 — As paid video content becomes more available via different distribution channels, tablet and wireless phone-viewing usage has increased, while PC/Mac-viewing usage has decreased from 2011, according to a J.D. Power and Associates study.
News categories: J.D. Power, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, PC Video, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision