PC Video News
Video is No 1 Activity on PC, Mobile and Tablet in U.S.
Nov 18, 2013 – GlobalWebIndex has launched its largest-ever report on US internet use. For the first time, it provides on-going tracking of the breakdown of specific digital behaviors by state, ethnicity and voting preference.
News categories: GlobalWebIndex, Market Research, OTT, PC Video, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Installed base of internet-connected video devices to exceed global population in 2017
Oct 8, 2013 – More than 8 billion Internet-connected video devices will be installed worldwide in 2017, exceeding the population of the planet, according to research from the Broadband Technology Service at IHS (NYSE: IHS).
News categories: IHS Inc, Blu-ray, Digital TV, Games Console, Market Research, OTT, PC Video, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
EzyFlix.tv OTT video service launches in Australia
Aug 28, 2013 – Entertainment lovers across Australia can now stream and download the hottest international releases and watch them on any device, anytime, anywhere, following the launch of a new online service, EzyFlix.tv.
News categories: EzyFlix.tv, Access Digital Entertainment, Australia, Digital TV, OTT, PC Video, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Foxtel Play goes live in Australia
Jul 30, 2013 – Foxtel has announced that Foxtel Play has gone live ahead of its official launch on August 11. Foxtel Play is an internet TV service, offering Australians access to Foxtel's programming delivered over the internet to Samsung Smart TVs, Xbox 360s and PCs.
News categories: Foxtel, Australia, Digital TV, Games Console, OTT, PC Video, Smart TV
PTCL launches revamped entertainment portal 'MyTv.com.pk'
May 17, 2013 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has launched a revamped entertainment portal, MyTv.com.pk, providing a wide collection of entertainment and infotainment content including Pakistani Drama Serials as well as high demand licensed international movies.
News categories: PTCL, Digital TV, OTT, Pakistan, PC Video, Smartphone, Tablet
Liberty Global Launches Horizon TV
Sep 7, 2012 – Liberty Global (NASDAQ: LBTYA, LBTYB and LBTYK) has announced the launch of Horizon TV, a new family of media products that allow customers to view and share all of their favorite content across the TV, computer, tablet and smartphone.
News categories: Liberty Global, Cable TV, Digital TV, Germany, Home Networking, Ireland, Middleware, Netherlands, PC Video, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Switzerland, Tablet, TV Everywhere
Israeli Broadcast Authority to launch OTT service for the London Olympics with CastUP
Jul 26, 2012 – The Israeli Broadcast Authority (IBA) has chosen CastUP's multi-screen OTT platform and integration services for the launch of their new Over the Top (OTT) service in time for the London 2012 Olympics.
News categories: CastUP, Israeli Broadcast Authority, Digital TV, Israel, OTT, PC Video, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Consumers in Emerging Markets, Such as China and Brazil, Will Drive TV Demand
Jul 24, 2012 – According to NPD DisplaySearch, consumers in emerging markets are to drive the next round of demand, with more than 40% planning to purchase a TV in the next 12 months. Declining prices, increased brand promotions, and an on-going replacement cycle are the main reasons.
News categories: DisplaySearch, Digital TV, Market Research, OTT, PC Video, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal