Powerline communication (PLC), networking (PLN) and mains communication News
Sigma Designs Powers LEA's New NetPlayer HD
Oct 16, 2012 — Sigma Designs® (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced their partnership with LEA®. LEA's new NetPlayer HD® is powered by Sigma Designs' SMP8671 secure media processor and CG2210 chipset HomePlug® AV modem with ClearPath™ technology.
News categories: Sigma Designs, LEA, BBWF, Digital TV, HomePlug, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Marvell Showcases Complete Smart Home Solutions for Always-On, Always-Connected Lifestyle at IBC 2012
Sep 6, 2012 — Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced that it will demonstrate a comprehensive suite of fully immersive, high-performance, end-to-end SoC solutions for always-on multimedia entertainment at IBC 2012.
News categories: Marvell, Home Networking, IBC, Powerline, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
Majority of Set-Top Box to Remain Hard Wired through 2017 Despite Dominance of Wi-Fi Home Networks
Jul 31, 2012 — While Wi-Fi remains the predominant networking technology in most consumer's homes, wired solutions are gaining traction. MoCA has become the go-to wired technology in North America, while HomePlug continues to do well in Western Europe.
News categories: ABI Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Home Networking, HomePlug, Market Research, MoCA, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Comtrend Delivers Power Line Solution to Chunghwa Based on Sigma Designs HomePlug AV Adapters
Jun 5, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that its CG2210 HomePlug AV solution will be used by Chunghwa Telecom for delivering IPTV services in consumer homes. The CG2210-based product, provided by Comtrend, is a wall mount adapter.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Comtrend, Chunghwa Telecom, COMPUTEX, Home Networking, HomePlug, IPTV, Powerline, Semiconductor, Taiwan
Wi-Fi Continues to Dominate Home Networking Market
May 23, 2012 — By 2014, shipments of home networking equipment and media devices will exceed one billion units. While Wi-Fi is expected to remain the most common technology, other wired networking technologies are expected to gain additional traction, according to ABI Research.
News categories: ABI Research, Blu-ray, Coax, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Phoneline, Powerline, Router, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet, Wireless
DLNA® Approves HomePlug AV and HD-PLC Powerline Networking for Increased Digital Home Connectivity
Mar 12, 2012 — The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA), HomePlug Powerline Alliance and HD-PLC Alliance have announced that the HomePlug AV and HD-PLC powerline networking standards have been approved for incorporation into DNLA's Networked Device Interoperability Guidelines.
News categories: Digital Living Network Alliance, HomePlug Powerline Alliance, HD-PLC Alliance, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, HomePlug, Powerline, Router
No New Wires IC Shipments Set to Top 100 Million Units in 2013
Mar 6, 2012 — 'No new wires' technologies are rapidly gaining favour with service providers and consumers alike. IMS Research’s Home Networks and Residential Gateways 2012 report predicts that over 100 million ICs supporting these technologies will be shipped in 2013.
News categories: IMS Research, Coax, Home Networking, IPTV, Market Research, Phoneline, Powerline, Semiconductor
Sigma Designs Teams With Avtrex and Syabas Middleware Providers for Ultra Thin Set-Top Box Solution
Jan 12, 2012 — Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) has announced that it has teamed with Avtrex and Syabas Technologies to add software and middleware technology to its advanced platform reference design, the Ultra Thin Set-Top Box.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Avtrex, Syabas, CES, Digital TV, Home Networking, HomePlug, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Powerline, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results