Satellite Television (DBS, DTH, DSat, DVB-S, DVB-S2) News
24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
May 15, 2013 — The results of a survey produced by Eutelsat and Ipsos on TV reception modes and trends in Russia has shown that of the 53 million TV homes in Russia, 24% are equipped for Direct-to-Home satellite reception, making satellite the country's leading platform for digital television.
News categories: Eutelsat, RSCC, Ipsos, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Market Research, Russia, Satellite
Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
May 15, 2013 — Rapid conversion means that the number of digital homes in Eastern Europe will nearly double between 2012 and 2018, according to a report from Digital TV Research. The Digital TV Eastern Europe report estimates that 13 million digital TV homes will be added in 2013 alone.
News categories: Digital TV Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, Europe, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
May 14, 2013 — Vivendi has released its first quarter 2013 results. At the end of March 2013, Canal+ Group’s total subscription portfolio was up 285,000 year-on-year, thanks to good performances in the Canal+ Overseas territories, in particular in Africa and Vietnam.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, GVT, Africa, Brazil, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
May 13, 2013 — SES (Paris;LuxX: SESG) has announced that its HDTV platform, HD+, recorded 1,103,701 paying households on March 31, 2013. HD+ added 158,768 new customers in the first quarter of 2013, corresponding to an increase of its customer base of almost 17 percent.
News categories: HD PLUS, Germany, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
May 10, 2013 — Reliance Communications Limited (RCOM) today announced its consolidated financial results for the quarter ended March 31, 2013. Reliance Digital TV currently has 4.6 million subscribers, the same number as at the end of 2012, with 8% share of the DTH market in India.
News categories: Reliance Communications, India, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
May 9, 2013 — Spain's Grupo Prisa has announced financial results for the first quarter of 2013. Satellite (Canal+) subscribers fell during the first quarter of the year by 28,350, impacted by the weakness of the economic environment and domestic consumption.
News categories: Grupo Prisa, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Spain, Subscribers
DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
May 9, 2013 — DISH Network (NASDAQ: DISH) has reported results for the quarter ending March 31, 2013. Net pay TV subscribers grew by 36,000 in the quarter. The number of subscribers was 14.092 million at quarter-end compared with 14.071 million at the end of first quarter 2012.
News categories: DISH Network, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, USA
SKY Italia subscribers down another 51,000 in 1Q 2013
May 8, 2013 — News Corporation (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV) has reported results for the three months ending March 31, 2013. SKY Italia experienced a net reduction of approximately 51,000 subscribers during the quarter, bringing total subscribers to 4.78 million.
News categories: Sky Italia, News Corp, Germany, Italy, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision