T-DMB (Terrestrial – Digital Multimedia Broadcasting) News
DiBcom Launches Digital TV & Radio Chip for Automotive Head Units
Sep 4, 2012 — DiBcom has announced a new circuit dedicated to head units, for Mobile TV and Digital Radio integration into Automobiles. The chip supports all active digital TV formats in the World such as ISDB-T; DVB-T; DAB/DAB+; T-DMB, CMMB and CTTB; ATSC and ATSC M/H.
News categories: DiBcom, ATSC, ATSC Mobile DTV, CMMB, DAB, Digital TV, IBC, ICs, In-Car, ISDB, ISDB-T, Mobile, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Terrestrial
ENSPERT Reveals Mobile TV Offering at International CES 2011
Jan 9, 2011 — ENSPERT announced at CES that the company will be entering the global mobile TV chip-set and solutions market based on Google’s Android operating system in 2011.
News categories: ENSPERT, ATSC Mobile DTV, CES, Digital TV, Mobile, One-Seg, T-DMB, Tablet
TV4U receives DMB mobile TV licence in South Africa
Sep 28, 2010 — The Mobile TV Consortium has been awarded a one year broadcast licence by the Independent Communications Authority of South Africa (ICASA) to test Digital Multimedia Broadcasting (DMB) technology.
News categories: ICASA, Mobile, South Africa, T-DMB
Cellular Mobile TV a 'Niche', but Still Drives Billions in Revenue
Sep 9, 2010 — It has been a rough few years for subscription mobile TV deployments, as a number of plans never came to fruition and several of those that were launched have been shut down. However, In-Stat sees a recovery in 2010, particularly in Asia/Pacific.
News categories: In-Stat, ATSC Mobile DTV, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, LTE, Market Research, MediaFLO, Mobile, One-Seg, S-DMB, T-DMB
Cambodia adopts Korea's T-DMB for mobile TV
Aug 25, 2010 — According to the Korea Communications Commission, Cambodia has adopted Korea's Digital Multimedia Broadcasting (DMB) standard, with a terrestrial mobile TV service due to be launched this year.
News categories: Korea Communications Commission, Cambodia, Digital TV, Mobile, T-DMB
Dedicated Mobile TV Networks Face Uncertain Future
Aug 3, 2010 — A Juniper Research study has found that disappointing adoption levels of mobile TV services, allied to competition from streamed mobile services and mobile reception of free-to-air terrestrial TV, has lead to growing disillusionment within the industry.
News categories: Juniper Research, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, LTE, Market Research, MediaFLO, Mobile, T-DMB
Increased dynamics of mobile broadcast TV around the world in 2009
Mar 1, 2010 — An updated bmcoforum report describes the recent regulatory framework and implementation status as of the beginning of 2010 in countries with existing mobile TV service offers.
News categories: bmcoforum, ATSC Mobile DTV, Austria, Brazil, Chile, China, CMMB, Colombia, Czech Republic, DVB-H, DVB-SH, Finland, France, Germany, Ghana, Hong Kong, Hungary, Indonesia, Iraq, ISDB, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Korea, MediaFLO, Mobile, Namibia, Netherlands, Nigeria, Norway, One-Seg, Peru, Philippines, Poland, Qatar, Russia, S-DMB, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Switzerland, T-DMB, Taiwan, UAE, Uruguay, USA
Car and PND Mobile TV Market Set to Double by 2015
Dec 22, 2009 — Worldwide shipments of mobile television systems for cars, consisting both of solutions embedded into cars and included in Portable Navigation Devices (PNDs), are expected to more than double from 2009 to 2015, according to iSuppli Corp.
News categories: iSuppli, CMMB, Digital TV, DVB-H, DVB-SH, In-Car, Market Research, MediaFLO, Mobile, One-Seg, T-DMB
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results