WiMax (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access, 802.16) News
OneFi Technology Receives Financing Commitment
Dec 6, 2010 – OneFi Technology (Pink Sheets: ONFI) has received a financing commitment from Dr. Fahad al-Malik of Saudi Arabia. OneFi is working on a project to rollout network infrastructure in Saudi Arabia capable of delivering broadband WiMax and IPTV.
News categories: OneFi Technology, Broadband, IPTV, Saudi Arabia, Venture Capital, WiMax
Sezmi and YTL to Deploy Wireless Hybrid TV Platform in Malaysia
Oct 11, 2010 – Sezmi and YTL Communications have announced a partnership to launch Asia's first converged intelligent TV and Internet service, which will provide wireless delivery of consumer entertainment and communications services in Malaysia.
News categories: Sezmi, YTL Communications, Broadband, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Malaysia, Terrestrial, WiMax
Video Revenue in Italy's Telecom Market will Triple its Share by 2014
Jul 7, 2009 – In Italy's telecom market, video revenue will triple its share of total revenue by 2014, presenting a US$4.4 billion revenue opportunity for operators, according to a new report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, Market Research, Multiscreen, Subscribers, WiMax
Broadband, Pay-TV Drive Telecom Growth in Romania
Jun 18, 2009 – Broadband and pay-TV will become the major sources of growth in the Romanian telecom market during the next five years, while bundling remains key for success as competition intensifies, according to the latest report from Pyramid Research.
News categories: Pyramid Research, Broadband, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Romania, WiMax
Spb Software launches IP TV player for Windows phones
Mar 31, 2009 – Spb Software has announced the release of Spb TV - a mobile TV player with on-screen controls and fast channel switching, intelligent stream correction, PiP mode, and an integrated TV guide with export of show reminders into Outlook.
News categories: Spb Software, CTIA Wireless, LTE, Middleware, Multiscreen, WiMax
With UMB Left Behind, LTE and WiMAX Battle for 4G Supremacy
Oct 22, 2008 – In 2008, the road to wireless 4G cleared a bit, with ultra-mobile broadband (UMB) left publicly by the roadside, narrowing the path to two technologies: LTE and WiMAX, reports In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, LTE, Market Research, Multiscreen, WiMax
Kenya - Wananchi launches Zuku triple play service
Oct 7, 2008 – Telecommunications service provider Wananchi has unveiled Kenya's first triple play offering. Known as Zuku, the service consists of television, broadband and telephony.
News categories: Wananchi, Zuku, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Kenya, Tanzania, WiMax
Dominican Republic - Indotel and ETG-TEL inaugurate wireless IPTV
Aug 31, 2008 – A new-telephone company that will offer wireless 'Triple Play' in rural areas of the Dominican Republic has been inaugurated in Restauración, a town of eight thousand inhabitants located in the border province of Dajabón.
News categories: Indotel, Broadband, Digital TV, Dominican Republic, IPTV, WiMax
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense