WiMax (Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access, 802.16) News
Motorola Announces Second-Quarter Financial Results
Jul 31, 2008 — Motorola (NYSE: MOT) has reported sales of $8.1 billion in the second quarter of 2008. Motorola had record sales of 4.9 million digital home entertainment products driven by continued strong demand for HD, HD/DVR and IPTV devices.
News categories: Motorola, Cable Modem, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, WiMax
Motorola Announces First-Quarter Financial Results
Apr 24, 2008 — Strong demand for Motorola (NYSE: MOT) High Definition and DVR devices resulted in shipments of over four million digital entertainment devices during the quarter, including a milestone three millionth IP device to-date.
News categories: Motorola, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Mobile, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Set Top Box, WiMax
Monsoon Multimedia Announces HAVA TV Place-Shifting for the Nokia Internet Tablet
Apr 2, 2008 — Monsoon Multimedia has announced HAVA support for the Nokia N800 and N810 Internet Tablets, and the upcoming Nokia N810 Internet Tablet WiMAX Edition, allowing customers to view and control their home TV from anywhere in the world over WiMAX or WiFi.
News categories: Monsoon Multimedia, CTIA Wireless, Digital TV, Home Networking, Media Player, Mobile, Placeshifting, Smartphone, Tablet, WiMax, Wireless
WiMAX Forum® Forecasts 133 Million WiMAX Users by 2012
Mar 31, 2008 — The WiMAX Forum today announced it projects more than 133 million WiMAX users globally by 2012. The forecast is based on the results of an independently commissioned research study to be published in April 2008.
News categories: WiMAX Forum, CTIA Wireless, Market Research, Mobile, Subscribers, WiMax
NextWave Wireless and Alcatel-Lucent Collaborate on the Development of Next-Generation WiMAX Broadcast Solution
Mar 12, 2008 — NextWave Wireless (NASDAQ: WAVE) has announced that it has entered into a strategic agreement with Alcatel-Lucent (NYSE: ALU) to develop advanced WiMAX broadcast solutions for mobile operators worldwide.
News categories: NextWave Wireless, Alcatel-Lucent, Broadband, Broadcasting, CTIA Wireless, Digital TV, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, WiMax
NextWave Wireless Announces MXtv™, a Breakthrough Mobile TV and Advertising Platform for WiMAX Operators
Mar 10, 2008 — NextWave Wireless (NASDAQ: WAVE) has announced the launch of MXtv, a mobile multicast and broadcast technology that enables WiMAX operators to deliver multimedia services including mobile TV without having to invest in new spectrum or additional radio access network equipment.
News categories: NextWave Wireless, Huawei, CTIA Wireless, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor, Tablet, WiMax
WiMAX Technology Could Spur the Growth of Digital TV in Africa
Feb 1, 2008 — WiMAX has emerged as a serious player in underdeveloped regions where low bandwidth and inadequate infrastructure have limited the growth of broadband and digital TV services.
News categories: IMS Research, Africa, Broadband, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Nigeria, Sierra Leone, South Africa, Uganda, WiMax
Intel targets WiMAX with software radio device
Dec 11, 2007 — Intel (INTC) has developed a test chip for software defined radio that can handle WiFi, WiMAX and DVB-H digital TV in one chip.
News categories: Intel Corp, Digital TV, DVB-H, Mobile, Semiconductor, WiMax, Wireless
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results