Belgacom launches TV EverywhereFriday, July 1st, 2011
Ever at the cutting edge of innovation, Belgacom is launching an application which brings fixed and mobile solutions even closer. Today, Belgacom is offering a new service which allows customers to watch TV everywhere and on any device, in a transparent way, without having to bother about the technical aspects.
Belgacom set the tone last year by launching a series of new offers on Belgacom TV.
As regards TV convergence too, Belgacom took a series of initiatives last year: video on demand on PC, TV guide on PC/Mobile, remote recording, Football on PC/Mobile, movie recommendations and selection of favorite movies via the Internet and mobile phone, etc.
Launch of a new convergent TV offer: “TV Everywhere”
The Belgacom TV offer for the home is well known: up to 180 channels (with the packages), free Belgian football, a TV guide, a recording function (PVR), and the on-demand catalog (with 1,300 movies).
We have added a new dimension to this offer with “TV Everywhere”: starting today, Belgacom TV customers can watch TV on a TV set, tablet or smartphone (via Wi-Fi at home or outside the home, and via 3G within Belgium), wherever they go. In a few weeks, it will also be possible to watch TV on a desktop or laptop. Now, your TV follows you everywhere: in the tram, in a park, at a cafe, etc.
Application is now available on Android; on Apple, the application is currently subject to Apple’s approval.
TV Everywhere consists of the following services:
- TV Live: up to 16 channels initially, but the offer will be expanded. (RTL TVI, Club RTL, Plug, EEN, Canvas/Ketnet, Trace, Canal J, MCM, Tiji, AB3, AB4, Nick Jr. (FR&NL), Acht, Belgacom Zoom (FR&NL))
- Throughout the 2011-2012 season, Multi Live, the matches of the Jupiler Pro League, two matches by game day of the Portuguese Primeira Liga and other top European matches (August 12, 2011 Valencia – AS Roma and August 24 Real Madrid – Galatasaray)
- Exclusive content like this Saturday 2 of July: concerts of Orzak Henry (7:45 pm) Arsenal (8:45 pm), Selah Sue (10:15 p.m.) and Coldplay (11:15 p.m.) live from Werchter. (available on Belgacom Zoom and on Belgacom TV)
- On demand: 34 movies (21FR and 13 NL) to begin with, in a catalog that will be expanded.
- Access to the Belgacom TV guide (+ possibility to personalize this TV guide).
- Exclusively for Belgacom TV customers: remote programming of recordings on Belgacom TV.
Starting today, all Belgacom TV customers can try out TV Everywhere for free during the whole summer, before the commercial launch in October. Even the movies on demand included in the offer will be free during the trial phase. Customers who have subscribed to an Internet On GSM or Mobile Internet option can also watch TV for free, one hour per month, on the 3G network. For other customers, depending on the amount included in their subscription.
During the trial phase, customers will be able to submit their comments and suggestions on a special forum of the Belgacom Community (http://community.belgacom.be). The feedback they provide will allow Belgacom to perfect its TV Everywhere offer.