Marvell Showcases at COMPUTEX 2012 a Suite of Solutions for the 'Connected Lifestyle'Monday, June 4th, 2012
Marvell announces total silicon solutions for mobile devices, smart TVs, cloud computing and ubiquitous connectivity, including the world’s first 802.11ac Mobile MIMO Combo SoC with NFC
TAIPEI, Taiwan — COMPUTEX — At COMPUTEX 2012, Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) will showcase complete silicon solutions that are powering the convergence of mobile devices, digital entertainment and the cloud. With new connectivity solutions, including the world’s first 802.11ac Mobile MIMO chip, as well as industry-leading platforms for smart TVs, storage and cloud computing, Marvell’s demonstrations highlight the breadth of its robust technology portfolio.
“Marvell is proud to drive the new era of the digital lifestyle enabling seamless integration among three key platforms of the ecosystem â€“ from smart mobile devices to smart TVs to the cloud infrastructure,” said Weili Dai, Co-Founder of Marvell. “As the industry’s leading total solution provider, we are showcasing at COMPUTEX 2012 our latest products for smartphones, tablets and notebooks, Google TV, and cloud computing appliances all working together to give the end user on-demand access to live multi-media contents, any time, any place and on any screen. I believe this vision of the connected lifestyle is a reality today, which requires the perfect blend of high performance, low-power consumption, efficient cost structure and ease-of-use, and that is why Marvell is unique in our ability to drive the industry, and the world, into the future.”
Marvell at COMPUTEX
Marvell’s latest technologies will be showcased at COMPUTEX, being held June 5 â€“ 9, 2012, at the Taipei World Trade Center in Taipei, Taiwan. To see demonstrations and learn more, show attendees and media can visit the Marvell suite, T101C, located in the Taiwan International Convention Center (TICC). New products and demonstrations include:
- Global Mobility Solutions: Mobile devices quickly have become the most essential piece of technology for consumers around the world. The central hub for communications, content and entertainment, it’s imperative that these devices are always connected, anytime from anywhere. As various global broadband standards mature and evolve, original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and original device manufacturers (ODMs) need turn-key mobile solutions that provide reliable global connectivity that doesn’t sacrifice performance or power. At COMPUTEX, Marvell will showcase its ARMADAÂ® and PXA families of mobile processors, complete silicon solutions designed to enable simple user experiences for a broad range of mobile devices. With many based on the KinomaÂ® platform â€“ an innovative, elegant open-source mobile software platform â€“ Marvell’s mobile offerings are highly integrated, field-proven, low-power, high performance, and, most importantly, seamlessly connected and unrestricted by geographic barriers.
- At the show, Marvell, the silicon partner responsible for driving the TD-SCDMA standard in China, will demonstrate solutions for various broadband standards, including LTE TDD/FDD, WCDMA HSPA+, and TD-SCDMA HSPA+. The company also will showcase a range of devices powered by Marvell that are available to consumers in Asia, South America, Europe and the U.S.
- Wireless Connectivity Solutions: Superior wireless connectivity is essential for the convergence of mobile devices, digital entertainment and the cloud. Marvell’s industry-leading Avastar portfolio integrates the most cutting-edge wireless technologies, allowing consumers to create their own personal “network” and access their content via the cloud from a variety of devices. At COMPUTEX, Marvell is announcing the industry’s first 802.11ac mobile MIMO Wi-Fi solution, the Avastar 88W8897. The low-power, high-performance 88W8897 is designed to integrate today’s most cutting-edge wireless technologies, including near field communications (NFC), Bluetooth and support for WI-FI CERTIFIED Miracastâ„¢ once it becomes available, enabling consumers to enjoy the benefits of superior connectivity, tap-and-go payments and multitasking on mobile devices while seamlessly streaming multiple HD videos.
- Digital Entertainment: The connected lifestyle goes beyond smartphones and tablets. It reaches into every aspect of a consumer’s life and influences the way they interact with mobile technology at home, in the office and on-the-go. Marvell will demonstrate its ARMADA 1500-based platform which is designed into the new Google TV, offering an exceptional television and multimedia experience for the next generation of smart TVs, set-top boxes, Blu-ray players and more. From HD and 3D streaming video to immersive sound, the services consumers have come to love â€“ such as Netflix, Pandora, YouTube and Picasa â€“ can now arrive lighting fast, crystal clear and seamlessly transferable to multiple devices.
- Cloud Services: The cloud is at the heart of the connected lifestyle for businesses and consumers. Marvell is the only company to offer networking, compute and storage solutions that support all three clouds â€“ private, public, and home â€“ as well as fiber and mobile Internet service infrastructure. As more people take advantage of a ubiquitous, always-on experience to store and access critical business and personal data such as documents, pictures, music and video, there is increasing pressure on the cloud to reliably support a connected lifestyle. Marvell will demonstrate its innovative solutions that touch every point in the growing cloud ecosystem. With this all-encompassing approach, Marvell is connecting every aspect of the digital lifestyle â€“ whether at home, at work, or on the go.
- Storage: Marvell has demonstrated storage market leadership by continually innovating cost-effective solutions that deliver the industry’s highest performance and lowest power consumption. Marvell’s storage solutions offer many game-changing benefits to the consumer as well as to the mobile and enterprise markets. At COMPUTEX, Marvell will offer live demonstrations of its industry leading PCIe to SATA solutions based on Intel Thunderbolt technology and 6Gbps SATA port multiplier technology. In addition, a significant number of high-profile SSD manufacturers are set to deploy the 88SS9187 SATA controller, Marvell’s newest storage solution, at the show. The best-in-class, open architecture of the device is designed to allow SSD manufacturers to fully customize their products to meet specific customer demands and distinguish their products based on price, performance, power and functionality. In addition to its breakthrough performance, the 88SS9187 features the industry’s lowest active and stand-by power consumption rates at this performance level, meeting the requirements of even the most demanding high-growth Ultrabook computer market. Leveraging Marvell’s expertise in delivering high-performance, low cost and low power silicon solutions, the 88SS9187 is bringing leading-edge SSD acceleration technology to the mainstream consumer technology market.
- Wired Connectivity Solutions: Marvell’s wired connectivity technologies are designed to meet surging consumer demand for high-speed and highly robust home networking, enabling complete unification of the wireline network. Now, with Marvell’s wireline technologies, wired networks can distribute more content to more screens in more rooms in the home. Marvell’s complete set of wireline and wireless connectivity design options enable OEMs and ODMs to select complete multi-technology design packages for creating systems that provide seamless and engaging experiences for consumers. At COMPUTEX, Marvell will demonstrate working G.hn modem systems based on Marvell’s G.hn reference design, GE-DW360F. Marvell’s ITU-T compliant G.hn transceiver chipset has been successfully designed into several modem prototypes from among our leading Asian customers, supporting the growing demand for G.hn home networking. Marvell is a recognized leader in the home networking industry, having won both the Best Electronic Design Award in 2011 and the Connected Home Award in 2012 for our G.hn silicon. Marvell is deeply committed to interoperability among G.hn silicon vendors to foster market growth, which was demonstrated over coax and powerline in the world’s first G.hn full live demo at CES in January. Having been recently invited to take part in the first Asian G.hn pre-certification event sponsored by HomeGrid Forum in Taiwan in May, Marvell anticipates global market needs and paves the way for the industry’s G.hn enabled deployments.