Latest Market Research Reports
Nov 26, 2013 – Total subscription revenues (pay TV, broadband and fixed-line telephony) will increase by 65% from $124 billion in 2012 to $205 billion in 2018, according to this report from Digital TV Research.
European Pay TV Operator Forecasts
Nov 13, 2013 – Pay TV subscriptions for the 102 operators across 26 countries covered in this report from Digital TV Research will increase from a collective 105.8 million in 2008 to 131.9 million in 2012 and onto 147.1 million by 2018.
TV Channel Revenues in Europe
Oct 23, 2013 – Viacom ($749 million) will reap the highest revenues of any international channel group in Europe in 2013, according to this report from Digital TV Research.
Online TV & Video Forecasts
Oct 16, 2013 – Global online TV and video revenues will reach $34.99 billion in 2018, a massive increase from the $3.98 billion recorded in 2010 and the $15.94 billion expected in 2013, according to this report from Digital TV Research.
Connected TV Forecasts
Oct 9, 2013 – The number of TV sets connected to the Internet will reach 759 million by 2018 for the 40 countries covered in this report from Digital TV Research, up from 115 million at end-2010.
TV Channel Distribution in Europe
Sep 11, 2013 – The Discovery Channel is the widest distributed network in Europe according to this report covering 270 international channels/networks across 212 major operators in 43 EMEA countries.
Global IPTV Forecasts
Sep 4, 2013 – The number of homes paying for IPTV will rocket to 167 million by end-2018, up from 69 million at end-2012 and from only 13 million at end-2008, according to this report from Digital TV Research.
TV Advertising Forecasts
Aug 28, 2013 – Global TV advertising expenditure will reach $219 billion in 2018 for the 55 countries covered in this report from Digital TV Research, up by 32% - or $53 billion - from 2012.
Global Satellite TV Forecasts
Aug 21, 2013 – According to this report from Digital TV Research, the world's pay satellite TV (DBS or DTH) homes will reach 251 million by 2018, up from 178 million at end-2012 and 103 million at end-2008.
On-demand TV Revenue Forecasts
Aug 14, 2013 – On-demand TV revenues from movies and TV programs will reach $6.0 billion in 2018, up by 44% from $4.2 billion in 2012, according to this report from Digital TV Research.
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal