Digital TV News: Astro
DTH TV platforms to pass $100 Billion in revenues this year
Nov 12, 2013 – Euroconsult has announced the release of its yearly reference report on satellite television. The 202 million DTH subscribers in over 100 countries (early in 2013) will result in over $100 billion in revenues this year.
News categories: Euroconsult, Pacôme Revillon, Digital TV, Market Research, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Subscribers, TV Everywhere
Astro selects Pace to supply next generation Wireless HD PVR
Sep 15, 2013 – Pace (LSE:PIC) has announced that it has been selected by Malaysian Pay TV provider, Astro, to supply its next generation wireless HD PVR. Astro will begin installing Pace's next generation HD PVR next month.
News categories: Pace plc, Astro, Kong Futt Fong, Laurie Knight, Digital TV, Malaysia, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Wireless
Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
Jun 12, 2013 – Astro has announced results for its first quarter ending 31 January 2014. The quarter saw the number of pay-TV subscribers increase by 40k to 3.32mn (Q4FY13: 3.28mn), while NJOI customers grew by 55k to 264k (Q4FY13: 209k). The total customer base is now 3.58mn.
News categories: Astro, Malaysia, Personal Video Recorder, Results, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers
Kabel Deutschland begins DVB-C2 trials in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich
Jun 5, 2013 – Kabel Deutschland has announced that it has launched a DVB-C2 pilot service in Berlin, Hamburg and Munich. The modulation used in the trial has a 46% higher spectral efficiency than DVB-C, allowing improved services to be offered at the same signal level.
News categories: Kabel Deutschland, ANGA COM, Cable TV, Digital TV, DVB-C2, Germany, Infrastructure, Set Top Box
FilmFlex Selects Irdeto to Protect On-Demand Movies on iOS and Android Devices
Mar 5, 2013 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that FilmFlex has selected the company to secure its premium entertainment assets on iOS and Android smartphones and tablets. FilmFlex is using Irdeto's ActiveCloak™ to ensure the content delivered by FilmFlex customers is secured according to the robustness rules imposed by studios.
News categories: Irdeto, FilmFlex, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Smartphone, Tablet, TV Everywhere, UK
Maxis IPTV service with Astro on track to launch end-1Q 2013
Feb 26, 2013 – Malaysia's Maxis has released fourth quarter year 2012 results. After piloting Astro B.yond IPTV with Maxis Home Fibre Internet service in Maxis' own fibre footprint in December 2012, the company plans a full launch at the end of 1Q 2013.
News categories: Maxis, Digital TV, IPTV, Malaysia, Results
Technicolor and Malaysia's Astro reinforce their cooperation
Oct 16, 2012 – Technicolor (Paris: TCH) has announced that, further to the delivery of a first batch of MediaPlay HD MPEG-4 set-top boxes, Astro has granted Technicolor an additional contract for the same platform, to be delivered in the coming months.
News categories: Technicolor, Astro, Digital TV, Malaysia, Satellite, Set Top Box
TIME-Setia Haruman Fibre Collaboration Brings 100Mbps Internet Speeds to Cyberjaya
Oct 16, 2012 – TIME dotCom and Setia Haruman have announced they will collaborate to deploy 100% fibre services to new homes and offices in Cyberjaya, Malaysia's ICT hub, giving up to 100Mbps broadband and enabling subscription to TIME's Astro B.yond IPTV packages.
News categories: TIME dotCom, Setia Haruman, Fibre, IPTV, Malaysia
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal