Digital TV News: Belkin
Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
May 15, 2013 — Belkin has announced the availability of its receiver accessory for Dyle™ mobile TV. Paired with the Dyle™ TV app, the receiver makes live broadcast television available, without an Internet connection, to iOS device users in 37 major markets across the USA.
News categories: Belkin, Dyle, Apps, ATSC Mobile DTV, Digital TV, Mobile, Peripherals / Accessories, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
North America Is Home Networking Leader, Thanks to MoCA
Jun 25, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its latest Home Networking Devices report. MoCA embedded set-top boxes (STBs), FTTB ONTs, coax-Ethernet adapters, and WiFi broadband routers are driving growth in the home networking device market.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IPTV, Market Research, MoCA, Router, Set Top Box
Belkin Introduces @TV; Brings Live and Recorded Content to Mobile Devices
Jun 21, 2012 — Belkin has announced a way to watch, record, and experience TV content at home or on the go with @TV. @TV works over Wi-Fi® or a 3G/4G network and allows users to access all content from their home theatre on tablets, smartphones, and laptops.
News categories: Belkin, Apps, Home Networking, OTT, Placeshifting, Smartphone, Tablet
Belkin & Siano Announce Collaborative Efforts to Promote Mobile Digital TV via New Products
Jan 10, 2012 — Belkin and Siano have announced a collaborative partnership that will enable both companies to design, develop and market high-quality mobile digital TV solutions.
News categories: Siano, Belkin, ATSC Mobile DTV, CES, Mobile, Semiconductor, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Belkin and MCV Team to Enable Mobile Devices to Receive Dyle™ Mobile TV Signals
Jan 9, 2012 — Belkin and Mobile Content Venture (MCV) have announced an agreement that will enable smartphone and tablet users of multiple operating systems to watch live broadcast programming on-the-go through MCV’s Dyle Mobile TV.
News categories: Mobile Content Venture, Belkin, ATSC Mobile DTV, CES, Mobile, Smartphone, Tablet, USA
Broadband CPE and Home Networking Vendors Make Push towards Premium Services
Dec 19, 2011 — Infonetics has released vendor market share standings and market forecasts from two third quarter (3Q11) broadband access reports. Despite a 7% worldwide decline in cable CPE revenue, Motorola (NYSE: MMI) held on to the top spot in cable CPE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Gateway, Home Networking, HomePlug, IPTV, Market Research, MoCA, Router, VDSL
2Wire, Huawei, and Thomson Make Major Gains across Broadband CPE Market Share Segments
Jun 8, 2009 — 2Wire, Huawei and Thomson captured major market share gains in the 2008 broadband customer premise equipment (CPE) segments, according to In-Stat. The segments include cable and DSL modems, routers, Wi-Fi Aggregators, and residential gateways.
News categories: In-Stat, Broadband, Cable Modem, CPE, Gateway, Home Networking, Market Research, Router, Wireless
Intellon Surpasses 26M Shipment Milestone for HomePlug-based Powerline ICs
Feb 9, 2009 — Intellon (Nasdaq: ITLN) has announced that it has now shipped over 26 million powerline communications integrated circuits (ICs) based on the HomePlug 1.0 and HomePlug AV standards.
News categories: Intellon, Home Networking, HomePlug, Market Research, Powerline, Semiconductor
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision