Digital TV News: CANAL OVERSEAS
Kudelski saw strong growth in South America in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 — The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2012 annual results. 2012 was marked by strong demand for the Group's portfolio in South America, becoming the second largest market after the US for the Group.
News categories: Kudelski, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, Nigeria, Results, Tanzania
CANAL+ and Kudelski announce Swiss partnership
Mar 16, 2011 — In the framework of the April launch of a new HD package, CANAL+/CANALSAT Switzerland has selected Nagravision’s (SIX: KUD.S) Nagra Media Access conditional access system to provide subscribers with access to HD content delivered via satellite.
News categories: Nagravision, CANALSAT, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Switzerland
CANAL+ receives authorisation for Tunisian satellite service
Jun 25, 2010 — CANAL OVERSEAS has announced the signing of a convention with the Tunisian Ministry of Communication, enabling the commercialisation in Tunisia of the CANAL+ PACKAGE, the first range of French channels by satellite in Northern Africa.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, Tunisia
Kudelski Group delivers strong second half 2009 results
Feb 26, 2010 — The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2009 annual results. Digital TV sales in the second half were particularly strong growing by 27.3% compared to the first half.
News categories: Kudelski, Brazil, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Finland, IPTV, M&A, Middleware, Mobile, Results, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, USA
Canal+ launches K+ DTH in Vietnam
Jan 12, 2010 — The CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) has announced the launch of K+ in Vietnam, the new bouquet of satellite channels operated by its subsidiary VSTV. The launch follows the signing last June of a partnership between CANAL+ and Vietnamese broadcaster VTV.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, VTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
CANAL OVERSEAS Selects NDS to Deliver External PVR with a Flash EPG
Oct 7, 2009 — NDS has announced that CANAL OVERSEAS (Paris:VIV) is introducing a personal video recorder (PVR) service with a Flash™-based Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) developed by NDS.
News categories: NDS Group, CANAL OVERSEAS, Caribbean, Digital TV, Mascarene Islands, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box
Canal+ converts 240,000 to digital in 1st half 2009
Sep 1, 2009 — Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has released results for the first half of 2009. Canal+’s migration of analog subscribers accelerated over the past six months with nearly 240,000 upgrades to digital since January 2009, ahead of targets.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, SFR, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
Canal+ and VTV to launch pay-TV platform in Vietnam
Jun 15, 2009 — CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) and VTV, the Vietnamese state broadcaster, have announced the launch of a satellite pay-TV bouquet in Vietnam.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, VTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results
- NHK and Mitsubishi Develop World's First HEVC Encoder for 8K Super Hi-Vision