Digital TV News: CANAL OVERSEAS
Kudelski saw strong growth in South America in 2012
Feb 28, 2013 – The Kudelski Group (SIX: KUD.S) has announced its 2012 annual results. 2012 was marked by strong demand for the Group's portfolio in South America, becoming the second largest market after the US for the Group.
News categories: Kudelski, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, Nigeria, Results, Tanzania
CANAL+ and Kudelski announce Swiss partnership
Mar 16, 2011 – In the framework of the April launch of a new HD package, CANAL+/CANALSAT Switzerland has selected Nagravision's (SIX: KUD.S) Nagra Media Access conditional access system to provide subscribers with access to HD content delivered via satellite.
News categories: Nagravision, CANALSAT, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Switzerland
CANAL+ receives authorisation for Tunisian satellite service
Jun 25, 2010 – CANAL OVERSEAS has announced the signing of a convention with the Tunisian Ministry of Communication, enabling the commercialisation in Tunisia of the CANAL+ PACKAGE, the first range of French channels by satellite in Northern Africa.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, Digital TV, Regulation, Satellite, Tunisia
Kudelski Group delivers strong second half 2009 results
Feb 26, 2010 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.VX) has announced its 2009 annual results. Digital TV sales in the second half were particularly strong growing by 27.3% compared to the first half.
News categories: Kudelski, Brazil, Conditional Access, Content Protection, DRM, Finland, IPTV, M&A, Middleware, Multiscreen, Results, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, USA
Canal+ launches K+ DTH in Vietnam
Jan 12, 2010 – The CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) has announced the launch of K+ in Vietnam, the new bouquet of satellite channels operated by its subsidiary VSTV. The launch follows the signing last June of a partnership between CANAL+ and Vietnamese broadcaster VTV.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, VTV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
CANAL OVERSEAS Selects NDS to Deliver External PVR with a Flash EPG
Oct 7, 2009 – NDS has announced that CANAL OVERSEAS (Paris:VIV) is introducing a personal video recorder (PVR) service with a Flash™-based Electronic Programme Guide (EPG) developed by NDS.
News categories: NDS Group, CANAL OVERSEAS, Caribbean, Digital TV, Mascarene Islands, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box
Canal+ converts 240,000 to digital in 1st half 2009
Sep 1, 2009 – Vivendi (Paris: VIV) has released results for the first half of 2009. Canal+'s migration of analog subscribers accelerated over the past six months with nearly 240,000 upgrades to digital since January 2009, ahead of targets.
News categories: Vivendi, Canal+ Group, SFR, France, IPTV, Poland, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Vietnam
Canal+ and VTV to launch pay-TV platform in Vietnam
Jun 15, 2009 – CANAL+ Group (Paris: VIV) and VTV, the Vietnamese state broadcaster, have announced the launch of a satellite pay-TV bouquet in Vietnam.
News categories: CANAL OVERSEAS, VTV, Digital TV, Satellite, Vietnam
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4