Digital TV News: Cablemás
Cablemás expands VOD platform with Conax Xtend Multiscreen™
May 28, 2013 – Conax has announced that Mexican cable operator Cablemás is further expanding their VOD platform with Conax Xtend Multiscreen™. The platform's Hybrid STBs are being provided by Evolution Digital.
News categories: Conax, Cablemás, Evolution Digital, Cubiware, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box
Televisa adds 1.1 million DTH subscribers in 2012
Feb 26, 2013 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV:TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for fourth quarter and year 2012. Sky's DTH subscriber base grew by more than 1.1 million to 5,153,445, while cable TV (Cablevisión, Cablemás, TVI) video RGUs expanded by 5.8%.
News categories: Televisa, Cable TV, Central America, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Conax Wins Grupo TV Cable, Ecuador Contract
Jul 31, 2012 – Conax has announced a contract with Grupo TV Cable in Ecuador. With set-top box provider Evolution Digital, Conax has deployed content security to enable TV Cable's digital migration and additional services such as pre-paid voucher and pay-per-view.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Grupo TV Cable, ABTA, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Ecuador, Set Top Box
Cablemás adds Cubiware VOD platform
Apr 12, 2012 – Conax and Evolution Digital have announced that they have partnered with Cubiware to provide Cablemás with a VOD platform using Adaptive Bit Rate technology, to maximize bandwidth efficiency, and reduce operating costs.
News categories: Cubiware, Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, Cable TV, Infrastructure, Mexico, Middleware, NABShow
Cablemás expands use of Conax security and Evolution set-top boxes
May 24, 2011 – In 2010, Mexico's Cablemás entered an agreement with Conax, and Evolution Digital. Now Cablemás is expanding their digital service offering to include IP video services using the Conax security platform and Evolution hybrid IP set-tops and DVRs.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
Cablemás strengthens its security platform with Conax open DVB Conditional Access
Aug 31, 2010 – Cablemás is optimizing its digitization with the Conax content-security platform. The new solution will improve quality and functionality by including redundancy, 24/7 and Evolution Digital STBs.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, iexpertus, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box
Sky Mexico adds 140k subscribers in 4Q09
Feb 25, 2010 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV: TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for 2009. During the fourth quarter, Sky added 143 thousand subscribers of which 140 thousand were in Mexico and three thousand were in Central America and the Dominican Republic.
News categories: Grupo Televisa, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Verimatrix and HFCNET Team to Deliver DVB-C/IP/DOCSIS Network for Cablemás
Jun 3, 2009 – Verimatrix and HFCNET & IP-NET have successfully completed integration in preparation for deployment of Mexico's first advanced DVB-C/IP/DOCSIS hybrid network with Cablemás, the second largest cable operator in Mexico.
News categories: Verimatrix, HFCNET, Cablemás, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Mexico
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households