Digital TV News: Cablemás
Cablemás expands VOD platform with Conax Xtend Multiscreen™
May 28, 2013 – Conax has announced that Mexican cable operator Cablemás is further expanding their VOD platform with Conax Xtend Multiscreen™. The platform’s Hybrid STBs are being provided by Evolution Digital.
News categories: Conax, Cablemás, Evolution Digital, Cubiware, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box
Televisa adds 1.1 million DTH subscribers in 2012
Feb 26, 2013 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV:TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for fourth quarter and year 2012. Sky's DTH subscriber base grew by more than 1.1 million to 5,153,445, while cable TV (Cablevisión, Cablemás, TVI) video RGUs expanded by 5.8%.
News categories: Televisa, Cable TV, Central America, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Cablemás adds Cubiware VOD platform
Apr 12, 2012 – Conax and Evolution Digital have announced that they have partnered with Cubiware to provide Cablemás with a VOD platform using Adaptive Bit Rate technology, to maximize bandwidth efficiency, and reduce operating costs.
News categories: Cubiware, Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, Cable TV, Infrastructure, Mexico, Middleware, NABShow
Cablemás expands use of Conax security and Evolution set-top boxes
May 24, 2011 – In 2010, Mexico’s Cablemás entered an agreement with Conax, and Evolution Digital. Now Cablemás is expanding their digital service offering to include IP video services using the Conax security platform and Evolution hybrid IP set-tops and DVRs.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
Cablemás strengthens its security platform with Conax open DVB Conditional Access
Aug 31, 2010 – Cablemás is optimizing its digitization with the Conax content-security platform. The new solution will improve quality and functionality by including redundancy, 24/7 and Evolution Digital STBs.
News categories: Conax, Evolution Digital, Cablemás, iexpertus, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mexico, Set Top Box
Sky Mexico adds 140k subscribers in 4Q09
Feb 25, 2010 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV: TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for 2009. During the fourth quarter, Sky added 143 thousand subscribers of which 140 thousand were in Mexico and three thousand were in Central America and the Dominican Republic.
News categories: Grupo Televisa, Cable TV, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Verimatrix and HFCNET Team to Deliver DVB-C/IP/DOCSIS Network for Cablemás
Jun 3, 2009 – Verimatrix and HFCNET & IP-NET have successfully completed integration in preparation for deployment of Mexico’s first advanced DVB-C/IP/DOCSIS hybrid network with Cablemás, the second largest cable operator in Mexico.
News categories: Verimatrix, HFCNET, Cablemás, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, DOCSIS, Infrastructure, Mexico
Grupo Televisa's Sky adds 140k subscribers Y-o-Y to end 1Q09
Apr 30, 2009 – Grupo Televisa (NYSE:TV; BMV: TLEVISA CPO) has announced results for first quarter 2009. The number of gross active Sky subscribers increased to 1,784,608 as of March 31, 2009, compared with 1,642,923 as of March 31, 2008.
News categories: Televisa, Cable TV, Dominican Republic, Mexico, Panama, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA