Digital TV News: China Telecom
Microsoft Extends Lead to 23% of the IPTV Middleware Market
Nov 7, 2012 — Microsoft’s Mediaroom IPTV platform leads the IPTV middleware market and continues to grow in market share as of mid-2012 to 23% of deployed IPTV boxes, according to ABI Research. ZTE and Huawei also play strongly in the market.
News categories: ABI Research, Content Protection, Digital TV, DRM, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware
ZTE Unveils OTT Solution Supporting Low Bit Rate HD at BBWF 2012
Oct 16, 2012 — ZTE (0763.HK/000063.SZ) has announced a full hardware and software solution integrating low bit rate high definition (HD), Over the Top TV (OTT), and multi-screen convergence at this year’s Broadband World Forum 2012.
News categories: ZTE, BBWF, Digital TV, Infrastructure, OTT
Big Year for Multi-Screen TV
Jul 31, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released excerpts from two recent reports. The first tracks equipment sold to telco IPTV, cable video, and satellite video providers. The second tracks IP, cable, satellite, and hybrid set-top boxes and OTT media servers.
News categories: Infonetics, Cable TV, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Set Top Box, TV Everywhere
DOCSIS 3.0 Boosts Broadband CPE Market
Jul 18, 2012 — Infonetics Research has released its first quarter (1Q12) Broadband CPE and Subscribers report. The battle between Huawei and ZTE for overall broadband CPE revenue share continues: Huawei took back the top spot in 1Q12, slightly edging out ZTE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, Fibre, Gateway, IPTV, Market Research, Router
Demand for Digital Entertainment and Growing Internet Users to Drive Global Market for Internet TV
May 3, 2012 — According to GIA, the market for Internet TV is forecast to reach US$81.2 billion by the year 2017, driven by soaring demand for digital media entertainment, growing penetration of high-bandwidth broadband, and rapid proliferation of Internet-enabled devices.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, OTT
Telairity Encoders for Sichuan DTV Broadcasting and China Telecom IPTV
Apr 17, 2012 — Telairity has announced the sale of its multi-channel SD 7000 series encoders for a DTT network being installed in Sichuan Province; and the sale of its ultra-low bitrate SD/mobile 9000 series encoders for China Telecom's nationwide IPTV system.
News categories: Telairity, China, DTMB, Infrastructure, IPTV, Terrestrial
UTStarcom Wins Two China Telecom Provincial IPTV Network Expansion Contracts
Feb 10, 2012 — UTStarcom (Nasdaq: UTSI) has announced that it has won two new contracts to support IPTV network expansion with Fujian Telecom and Zhejiang Telecom, provincial subsidiaries of China Telecom (NYSE: CHA; Hong Kong:0728).
News categories: UTStarcom, China Telecom, China, Infrastructure, IPTV
Broadband CPE and Home Networking Vendors Make Push towards Premium Services
Dec 19, 2011 — Infonetics has released vendor market share standings and market forecasts from two third quarter (3Q11) broadband access reports. Despite a 7% worldwide decline in cable CPE revenue, Motorola (NYSE: MMI) held on to the top spot in cable CPE.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Broadband, Cable Modem, Cable TV, CPE, DOCSIS, Fibre, Gateway, Home Networking, HomePlug, IPTV, Market Research, MoCA, Router, VDSL
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results