Digital TV News: Conax
India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
Dec 9, 2013 – Conax has announced that Fastway Transmissions is upgrading to its Conax Contego™ platform. Additionally, the Indian MSO has signed a contract for 1 million additional clients from Conax to position for capitalizing on the next phase of digitization in Northern India.
News categories: Conax, Fastway, Digital Telemedia, Gurdeep Singh, Are Mathisen, Huang Wei, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, India
Telekom Austria selects Conax to secure new B2B satellite platform
Sep 26, 2013 – Conax has announced that Telekom Austria has deployed a new B2B DTH satellite platform targeting Central and Eastern Europe including centralized conditional access based on Conax Contego™ Plus to ensure protection of content assets cross-platform.
News categories: Conax, Telekom Austria, Stefan Amon, Thomas Blichfeldt, Content Protection, Europe, Satellite
ALi first chipset partner to launch Conax Cardless Reference Design
Sep 16, 2013 – ALi Corporation has announced that its family of STB chipsets will be the first to support the new Conax Cardless solution for STBs. To enable rapid development, Conax and ALi offer a reference design with the Conax Cardless security core embedded.
News categories: ALi Corp, Conax, Tom Jahr, Daniel Huang, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Conax partners with Cryptography Research on additional layer of hardware security
Sep 11, 2013 – Conax has announced cooperation with Cryptography Research (CRI) to introduce an additional Hardware Security Core based on CryptoFirewall technology from CRI. The first targets for the new Conax Hardware Security Core are Connected TVs and STBs.
News categories: Conax, Cryptography Research, Tom Jahr, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Xstream teams up with Conax to secure OTT services
Sep 11, 2013 – Conax and Xstream have announced a partnership to offer a flexible platform for secure delivery of OTT video services - enabling customers to protect, manage and monetize their online video content on all devices.
News categories: Xstream, Conax, Content Protection, Digital TV, IBCShow, OTT
RGB Networks strikes partnership with Conax
Sep 9, 2013 – RGB Networks has announced a partnership with Conax. The joint offering integrates Conditional Access Systems (CAS) and Digital Rights Management (DRM) from Conax within RGB's adaptive streaming TransAct Packager.
News categories: RGB Networks, Conax, Conditional Access, DRM, IBCShow, Infrastructure, OTT
Conax to introduce Cardless CAS at IBCShow
Aug 22, 2013 – This year at IBC Expo, Conax will demonstrate a portfolio of content security solutions for driving profitable video and content distribution, including introduction of a brand new Cardless CAS addition to the Conax Contego™ portfolio of solutions.
News categories: Conax, Content Protection, IBCShow
Canal Digital DTH down 3 thousand subscribers in 2Q 2013
Jul 23, 2013 – Telenor Group has reported results for the second quarter of 2013. The company finished the period with 934,000 subscribers to its Canal Digital pay TV services, down from 945,000 at the end of 2012 and down 3 thousand in the quarter.
News categories: Telenor, Cable TV, Finland, Norway, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016