Digital TV News: Conax
Cablemás expands VOD platform with Conax Xtend Multiscreen™
May 28, 2013 – Conax has announced that Mexican cable operator Cablemás is further expanding their VOD platform with Conax Xtend Multiscreen™. The platform’s Hybrid STBs are being provided by Evolution Digital.
News categories: Conax, Cablemás, Evolution Digital, Cubiware, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, Mexico, Middleware, Set Top Box
Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
May 13, 2013 – Conax has announced that Bhagyanagar Digital Services has selected Conax to deliver the MSO's cable TV operators with a cost effective and flexible content security (CAS) solution for enabling smooth digital migration and development of subscriber bases.
News categories: Conax, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, India
Aston ST-based MAYA HD satellite receiver targets MENA market
Mar 13, 2013 – Aston has announced the availability on the MENA market of its MAYA HD PVR satellite receiver. The new MAYA HD PVR Satellite receiver is built around the latest-generation HD H.264 STiH237 (Cardiff) decoder chipset from STMicroelectronics.
News categories: Aston, STMicroelectronics, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Nigeria's DAARSAT upgrades to next generation Conax content protection
Mar 13, 2013 – Conax has announced that Nigerian operator DAARSAT has reconfirmed its commitment to Conax as its security partner by upgrading to the Conax Contego Broadcast™ content security system. The new solution will aid DAARSAT in securing its DTH and DTT platforms.
News categories: Conax, DAAR, Content Protection, Nigeria, Satellite, Terrestrial
Aston and Mstar release State of the Art Satellite receiver at CABSAT
Mar 13, 2013 – Exclusively for CABSAT, Aston presents its new satellite receiver, XENA® HD Twin +, in card-less version. The XENA® HD Twin + is the outcome of a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor and Aston’s historic partnership with Viaccess.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, Viaccess, Conditional Access, HbbTV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Excaf Télécom Senegal secures future growth with content protection from Conax Contego Broadcast™
Mar 12, 2013 – Conax has announced that Senegal's Excaf Télécom has upgraded to the next generation Conax Contego Broadcast™ content protection solution, reconfirming its commitment to security partner Conax. Excaf Télécom deployed its first Conax solution in 2005.
News categories: Conax, Excaf Télécom, Content Protection, MMDS, Senegal, Terrestrial
Canal Digital subscribers down 20,000 in 2012
Feb 13, 2013 – Telenor has reported results for the fourth quarter of 2012. The company finished 2012 with 945,000 subscribers to its Canal Digital pay TV services, down from 965,000 at the end of 2011.
News categories: Telenor, Canal Digital, Cable TV, Finland, IPTV, Norway, Results, Satellite, Subscribers, Sweden
Aston releases Mstar Semiconductor-based satellite receiver
Jan 31, 2013 – At CSTB in Moscow, Aston has introduced its XENA HD Twin +. The new twin tuner, MPEG-4 HD PVR DVB-S2 satellite receiver is packed with the best of Aston technology and is the outcome of a partnership with MStar Semiconductor.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- The days of fast global payTV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC