Digital TV News: Continent TV
Telekarta satellite TV launched in Russia
Sep 17, 2010 – Another satellite television service, called Telekarta, has launched in Russia. The service is on Intelsat 15 (85.15°E) and consists of 18 channels. Conditional access is provided by Conax and the broadcast format is DVB-S with MPEG-2 compression.
News categories: Telekarta, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Intelsat 15 Expands Orion Express TV Platform Offering
Sep 7, 2010 – Intelsat has announced that Orion Express, a major satellite television provider in Russia, is now offering expanded direct-to-home (DTH) programming via capacity on the Intelsat 15 satellite (IS-15).
News categories: Intelsat, Orion Express, IBCShow, Infrastructure, Russia, Satellite
Russia's Continent TV offers STB from Topfield
Sep 3, 2010 – Continent TV in Russia has announced a new satellite set-top box (STB) from Topfield (CSD-03/IR). The standard definition box is pre-programmed for reception of Continent TV and Eastern Express with conditional access from Irdeto built-in.
News categories: Continent TV, Topfield, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Irdeto secures Russia's Orion Express
Jun 30, 2010 – Orion Express, the Russian satellite TV operator, has announced that it has eliminated card sharing piracy attacks to its direct to home (DTH) service by implementing a secure chipset solution from Irdeto (JSE: NPN).
News categories: Irdeto, Orion Express, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Coship STBs for Continent TV in Russia
Nov 23, 2009 – Orion Express has selected set-top boxes from Coship (Shenzhen:002052) for its Continent TV satellite service in Russia. There are two receiver options - a standard definition model, and a PVR-Ready high definition (HD) model.
News categories: Coship, Orion Express, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
- Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
- Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
- Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores
- Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
- Deutsche Telekom adds iPhone support for Entertain to Go service
- Television now 55% digital as analogue broadcasting switch-off advances worldwide
- Entel to offer satellite TV in Bolivia
- DVB Steering Board Ratifies GSE-LITE Specification