Digital TV News: Continent TV
Telekarta satellite TV launched in Russia
Sep 17, 2010 – Another satellite television service, called Telekarta, has launched in Russia. The service is on Intelsat 15 (85.15°E) and consists of 18 channels. Conditional access is provided by Conax and the broadcast format is DVB-S with MPEG-2 compression.
News categories: Telekarta, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite
Intelsat 15 Expands Orion Express TV Platform Offering
Sep 7, 2010 – Intelsat has announced that Orion Express, a major satellite television provider in Russia, is now offering expanded direct-to-home (DTH) programming via capacity on the Intelsat 15 satellite (IS-15).
News categories: Intelsat, Orion Express, IBC, Infrastructure, Russia, Satellite
Russia's Continent TV offers STB from Topfield
Sep 3, 2010 – Continent TV in Russia has announced a new satellite set-top box (STB) from Topfield (CSD-03/IR). The standard definition box is pre-programmed for reception of Continent TV and Eastern Express with conditional access from Irdeto built-in.
News categories: Continent TV, Topfield, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Irdeto secures Russia's Orion Express
Jun 30, 2010 – Orion Express, the Russian satellite TV operator, has announced that it has eliminated card sharing piracy attacks to its direct to home (DTH) service by implementing a secure chipset solution from Irdeto (JSE: NPN).
News categories: Irdeto, Orion Express, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
Coship STBs for Continent TV in Russia
Nov 23, 2009 – Orion Express has selected set-top boxes from Coship (Shenzhen:002052) for its Continent TV satellite service in Russia. There are two receiver options - a standard definition model, and a PVR-Ready high definition (HD) model.
News categories: Coship, Orion Express, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- HbbTV three-way partnership launches integrated toolbox for broadcasters at BCA
- VeriSilicon introduces Hantro G2 video decoder IP with HEVC and VP9 support
- The days of fast global pay TV revenue growth are over
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013