Digital TV News: DS2
HomePlug Node Shipments to Surpass 30 Million by 2014
Jun 29, 2011 – Acording to In-Stat, set-top box home networking will be dominated by MoCA over the next five years. However, G.hn will make impressive gains becoming the second most popular standard by 2013 and challenging MoCA by 2015.
News categories: In-Stat, Coax, Digital TV, Gateway, HomePlug, HomePNA, Market Research, MoCA, Personal Video Recorder, Phoneline, Powerline, Router, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
HomePlug, HomePNA and MoCA Networking Nodes Shipments Surpass 40 Million in 2010
Apr 26, 2011 – The demand for more bandwidth-consuming applications is causing service providers to turn to wired networking solutions, propelling non-Ethernet home networking node shipments past the 40 million units in 2010, says In-Stat.
News categories: In-Stat, Gateway, Home Networking, HomePlug, HomePNA, Market Research, MoCA, Router, Set Top Box
Marvell Acquires DS2 Technology
Aug 19, 2010 – Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced that it has acquired the intellectual property and assets of Diseno de Sistemas en Silicio S.A. ("DS2"), a supplier of high speed semiconductor solutions for powerline communications.
News categories: Marvell, DS2, M&A, Powerline, Semiconductor
Sigma/CopperGate to Demo Leading IPTV Set-Top Box Processors and Home Networking at IPTV World Forum
Mar 22, 2010 – Sigma Designs (NASDAQ: SIGM) and its subsidiary, CopperGate, will demonstrate a complete range of IPTV solutions at IPTV World Forum from March 23 - March 25, 2010, at the Olympia National Hall in London.
News categories: Sigma Designs, Coax, Home Networking, IPTV, Phoneline, Powerline, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect
HomeGrid Forum and G.hn Gain Momentum and Set Performance Benchmarks
Jan 18, 2010 – At CES 2010, the HomeGrid Forum showed the first G.hn semiconductors capable of delivering the performance and quality of service necessary for high-definition video and video conferencing.
News categories: HomeGrid Forum, DS2, CES, Coax, Home Networking, Phoneline, Powerline, Semiconductor
Powerline technology from DS2 and Comtrend for SingTel's mio TV
Aug 11, 2009 – DS2 and Comtrend have announced that Comtrend's Power Grid 902 adapter, based on DS2's Aitana powerline communication chipset, has been selected by SingTel (Singapore: SGX; Australia: ASX) to create a home network for its IPTV service, mio TV.
News categories: DS2, Comtrend, SingTel, Home Networking, IPTV, Powerline, Semiconductor, Singapore
Corinex Communications Selects DS2Â´s 200Mbps Aitana Chipset for HomeNet, Its Latest Home Networking Product Available in Both Powerline and Coaxial Versions
Jan 9, 2009 – DS2 has announced that Corinex Communications is expanding its range of home networking products by embedding DS2Â´s 200Mbps Aitana chipset in HomeNet, its latest product designed to connect entertainment and networking devices to a home network.
News categories: DS2, Corinex Communications, CES, Coax, Home Networking, Powerline, Semiconductor
Comtrend and DS2 Preview 400Mbps PLC Technology at the 2008 BBWF Forum
Sep 29, 2008 – Comtrend and DS2 are previewing next generation 400Mbps Powerline communications technology at the Broadband World Forum in Brussels.
News categories: Comtrend, DS2, BBWF, Home Networking, IPTV, Powerline, Semiconductor
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense