Digital TV News: DigiTV
Elion of Estonia Expands HD Offerings with Envivio IPTV Solution
Mar 23, 2010 — Envivio has announced that Elion, the largest telecommunications provider in Estonia, has expanded its DigiTV IPTV service using the Envivio 4Caster™ C4 Three Screens encoder for live HD channels.
News categories: Envivio, Elion, Scansatel, Estonia, Infrastructure, IPTV, TVConnect
Elion DigiTV customer base grew 43% last year
Feb 5, 2009 — The number of subscribers to Elion's 'DigiTV' cable and IPTV services in Estonia grew by 43% during 2008 to reach 82,500 at the end of the year.
News categories: Elion, Cable TV, Estonia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Eesti Telekom Reports 3rd Quarter and first nine months 2008
Oct 24, 2008 — Sales revenues of the Eesti Telekom Group (Tallin: ETLAT) in the third quarter of 2008 reached 100.1 million EUR (3rd quarter 2007: 103.1 million EUR). By the end of the third quarter, Elion had 75.4 thousand IP- and cable television clients.
News categories: Elion, Eesti Telekom, Cable TV, Estonia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
RCS & RDS Contracts Intelsat Capacity at 1º West for Its Expansion
Sep 4, 2008 — Intelsat has announced that Romania Cable Systems and Romania Data Systems S.A. (RCS & RDS) has signed an expansion contract for capacity at 1º West. The additional capacity will be used to offer a larger DTH bouquet for RCS & RDS’ DigiTV service.
News categories: Intelsat, RCS & RDS, DigiTV, IBC, Romania, Satellite
Eesti Telekom Reports 2nd Quarter and First Half 2008
Jul 18, 2008 — The number of Elion triple-package users increased by 4,200 in the quarter, reaching 62.8 thousand as of 30 June. By the end of the second quarter, Elion had 67.7 thousand IP and cable television clients (30 June 2007: 39.5 thousand).
News categories: Elion, Eesti Telekom, Broadband, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia, IPTV, Results, Subscribers
Price squeeze looms as telcos compete for pay-TV customers
Jun 9, 2008 — According to the latest research from media analysts Screen Digest, IPTV is rapidly becoming a commodity - bundled for no extra cost with a broadband and/or telephony package.
News categories: Screen Digest, Broadband, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Digital TV, Estonia, France, Germany, Iceland, IPTV, Italy, Market Research, Norway, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, UK
Finland switched over to all-digital television
Mar 1, 2008 — The whole of Finland switched completely over to digital television on Saturday, 1 March, at 8.00 a.m. when analogue broadcasting was also switched off in cable networks.
News categories: Finnish National Broadcasting Company, DigiTV, Digital TV, Finland, Terrestrial
Elion is the first to start transmission of new generation high-definition television in Estonia
Feb 1, 2007 — High-Definition TV or HDTV is a television transmission technology that provides picture quality that is five times sharper than standard-resolution television pictures, and which Elion will be the first to offer in Estonia.
News categories: Elion, Cable TV, Digital TV, Estonia
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results