Digital TV News: Entropic Communications
RVU Alliance Expands to Include New Operators In Latin America
Jan 7, 2013 — The RVU Alliance has welcomed two new members, with Sky Mexico and DIRECTV PanAmericana, joining DIRECTV and Sky Brasil to the roster of Pay TV broadcast operators supporting the standard.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Sky Mexico, DIRECTV Latin America, Argentina, Caribbean, CES, Chile, Colombia, DLNA, Ecuador, Gateway, Mexico, Peru, Puerto Rico, UPnP, Uruguay, Venezuela
Next Generation RVU Specification Now Available
Jan 7, 2013 — The RVU Alliance has announced that the next generation of the RVU specification is now available. The RVU 2.0 specification updates the Remote User Interface (RUI) standard, adding vector graphics commands.
News categories: RVU Alliance, CES, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, Set Top Box
Entropic to reduce personnel by 6%
Dec 3, 2012 — Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR), in an SEC filing, has said that it is reducing its personnel by 40 employees or approximately 6% of its workforce.
News categories: Entropic, Semiconductor
GlobalSat, Entropic Communications, and Rovi Team to Deliver Multimedia Packed Hybrid Set-Top Box
Sep 8, 2012 — GlobalSat has announced that it is collaborating with Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) and Rovi (Nasdaq:ROVI) to deliver an advanced hybrid set-top box (STB).
News categories: Digital TV, IBC, Media Player, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic Communications Achieves CI+ Certification on IP4.tv Hybrid Set-Top Box
Sep 7, 2012 — Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that by working with IP4.tv GmbH the Company has successfully achieved Common Interface Plus (CI+) certification for IP4.tv's latest IP+DVB-S2 Hybrid set-top box (STB).
News categories: Digital TV, DVB-S2, IBC, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM
EchoStar HD Satellite Set-Top Boxes Enabled by Entropic SoC and Demod
Sep 7, 2012 — Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced the deployment of its set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) and demodulator technology in three EchoStar models, which are currently being deployed at Bell Canada, Dish Mexico and Telus.
News categories: Entropic, EchoStar, Canada, Digital TV, IBC, Mexico, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Entropic Set-Top Box SoC Featured in EchoStar Freeview+ HD Ultra Slim Box
Sep 7, 2012 — Entropic (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that its system-on-a-chip (SoC) has been selected for EchoStar's (NASDAQ: SATS) Ultra Slim Box, an advanced, high definition (HD) digital TV recorder combining Freeview+ HD and access to Smart TV entertainment.
News categories: Entropic, Echostar, Digital TV, IBC, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial, UK
Experience the RVU Remote User Interface Client-Server Solution Throughout IBC2012
Sep 6, 2012 — The RVU Alliance has announced several demonstrations of the RVU Remote User Interface (RUI) solution at the International Broadcasting Convention being held Sept. 7-11 in Amsterdam, Netherlands.
News categories: RVU Alliance, Gateway, Home Networking, IBC, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013
- DISH Network Reports First Quarter 2013 Financial Results