Digital TV News: FTTH Council
European Fibre Leaders Welcome Turkey to Their Ranks
Feb 9, 2011 — The second half of 2010 was a period of accelerated growth in FTTH networks, both in terms of buildings passed and subscribers connected, the FTTH Council Europe revealed in a presentation to journalists at the FTTH Conference in Milan.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey
Europe’s New Member States continue to dominate the FTTH Rankings
Oct 26, 2010 — The number of fibre-to-the-home subscribers in Europe, including Russia, has increased by 22% over the past six months, thanks to the booming broadband market in the Eastern part of Europe, according to the latest figures from the FTTH Council Europe.
News categories: FTTH Council Europe, BBWF, Broadband, Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Fibre, Finland, France, IPTV, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden
FTTH growth accelerates in Europe
Feb 24, 2010 — In 2009, growth in terms of subscribers and Homes/Buildings passed has accelerated in Europe. In EU36 (including Russia), there were nearly 3.5 million FTTH/B subscribers and more than 25 million Homes/Buildings Passed.
News categories: IDATE, FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Digital TV, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, IPTV, Italy, Lithuania, Market Research, Middle-East, Netherlands, Norway, OTT, Portugal, Russia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Subscribers, Sweden
FTTH Council Issues First Official European Ranking Of FTTH Market Penetration
Dec 15, 2008 — The first official European Fibre‐to‐the‐Home (FTTH) ranking shows smaller countries leading the way in FTTH connections. Mid-term projections show, however, that bigger economies are closing the gap.
News categories: FTTH Council, Broadband, Denmark, Estonia, Europe, Fibre, Finland, France, Germany, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Slovenia, Subscribers, Sweden
FTTH Connections Rise to 3.76 Million North American Households
Sep 23, 2008 — The upgrading of North America's last mile networks with fiber is continuing, with fiber to the home (FTTH) arriving at more than 1.6 million households over the past year, bringing the total number of FTTH subscribers to 3.76 million.
News categories: Fiber-to-the-Home Council, RVA Market Research, Broadband, Canada, Caribbean, Fibre, IPTV, Market Research, Mexico, North America, OTT, Subscribers, USA
Asia-Pacific Continues to Lead in FTTH Market Penetration
Jul 23, 2008 — Asia consolidated its position as the global leader in next-generation broadband while the United States and Europe also continued to experience robust growth in FTTH, according to the FTTH Councils of Asia-Pacific, Europe and North America.
News categories: FTTH Council, Broadband, China, Denmark, Fibre, Hong Kong, Iceland, IPTV, Italy, Japan, Korea, Market Research, Netherlands, Norway, Singapore, Slovenia, Subscribers, Sweden, Taiwan, USA
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results