Digital TV News: FilmOn
FilmOn.TV Launches First Multi Channel Live TV App for Facebook
May 24, 2012 – FilmOn.TV has announced that with its FilmOn.TV app, 'FilmOn Live TV', you can chat with friends and share live TV in HD at the same time, all on Facebook. FilmOnFacebook.com streams 150 HD live television channels straight to your Facebook.
News categories: FilmOn, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Social TV
FilmOn.com Brings Network Television to PCs, Smart Phones and Tablets
Jan 2, 2012 – FilmOn Labs has announced that starting in February 2012, the Company will be shipping the FilmOn AIR for free, to all its Yearly US based Subscribers, so they can watch local Network Television on their Computers and Mobile Devices.
News categories: FilmOn, Smartphone, Tablet, Terrestrial, USA
FilmOn Launches First Internet Based True HD Television Service in the United States
Sep 28, 2010 – Following its successful launch in the U.K. in 2009, FilmOn.com, has announced the public launch of its U.S. Virtual Cable Website, FilmOn.com. The announcement was made today by FilmOn, Inc. Founder and Chairman Alki David.
News categories: FilmOn, OTT, PC Video, USA
'Virtual cable TV service' streamed live to PCs, TVs and mobile phones launched at MIP TV
Mar 31, 2009 – 50 channels including BBC 1, ITV, Sky News, CNN, ESPN and Bloomberg are now available to stream online in real time thanks to a new internet service launched at MIP TV. The service delivers broadcast quality video over as little as a 1Mbps connection.
News categories: FilmOn.TV, Digital TV, Media Player, MIPTV, Multiscreen, OTT, PC Video, UK
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)