Digital TV News: Firecomms
Portugal Telecom and Firecomms Trial POF for IPTV Home Networking Applications
Dec 10, 2009 – Portugal Telecom (Lisbon: PTC; NYSE: PT) and Firecomms have announce trials of IPTV installations based on Firecomms' optical fiber networking (OptoLock®) technology.
News categories: Firecomms, Portugal Telecom, Digital TV, Gateway, Home Networking, IPTV, Portugal, Set Top Box
Firecomms Announces OptoLock® Compatibility with Broadcom BCM7405 IP Set-Top Box SoC
Mar 25, 2009 – Firecomms has announced the compatibility of its OptoLock® Fast Ethernet optical transceiver with the Ethernet PHY integrated in Broadcom's BCM7405 IP set-top box (STB) system-on-a-chip (SoC) solution.
News categories: Firecomms, Broadcom, Home Networking, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect
Firecomms OptoLock® Built into IPTV Set Top Box Reference Design by STMicroelectronics
Dec 18, 2008 – Firecomms has announced that its OptoLock® interconnect technology has been built into the STMicroelectronics STi7105 reference design for an IPTV set top box. OptoLock enables quick and easy connection of POF in home networks directly to the STB.
News categories: Firecomms, STMicroelectronics, Home Networking, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Mitsubishi Rayon and Firecomms to Demonstrate IPTV Optical Fiber Home Network at IPTV World Forum 08
Mar 6, 2008 – Mitsubishi Rayon and Firecomms are collaborating to provide a live demonstration of an IPTV home network using ultra-thin Plastic Optical Fiber (POF) at IPTV World Forum in London.
News categories: Firecomms, Mitsubishi Rayon, Home Networking, IPTV, Set Top Box, TVConnect
New Ethernet over Plastic Optical Fibre networking products to feature in Germany, USA and UK
Feb 21, 2008 – The world's first end-to-end Ethernet over Plastic Optical Fibre (EoPOF) networking solution will be demonstrated to industrial and residential Ethernet users at three international trade shows over the next month.
News categories: DiMoto, Firecomms, Plastic Optical Fiber Trade Organization, Home Networking, TVConnect
HANA Demonstrates Integrated Home HD Networking at CES 2008
Jan 3, 2008 – The High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance (HANA) has announced that it will host a four-room "HANA Home" demonstration of its HD home networking solution at the 2008 International Consumer Electronics Show, January 7-10 in Las Vegas.
News categories: High-Definition Audio-Video Network Alliance, CES, Home Networking
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households
- South Africa to switch on digital TV by April 1, 2014
- Kidoodle TV OTT service for children launches in USA and Canada
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense