Digital TV News: Fujitsu Semi
ARM Launches Second Generation of MALI-T600 Graphics Processors
Aug 6, 2012 — ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) has announced the second generation of the ARM® Mali™-T600 Series graphics processing units (GPUs), providing a dramatically improved user experience for tablets, smartphones and smart TVs.
News categories: ARM, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Fujitsu Introduces CONAX Certified Set-Top Box Chipsets
Jun 12, 2012 — Fujitsu has announced that its HDTV processor, MB86H611, has been certified by CONAX. The MB86H61 is part of a single-chip decoder family that supports H.264/AVC, MPEG-2, AVS and VC-1 video decoding at resolutions up to 1080p 50/60Hz.
News categories: Fujitsu Semi, ANGA COM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Fujitsu Introduces NAGRA Certified Set-Top-Box Chipsets
Nov 3, 2011 — Fujitsu has announced that its HDTV multi-decoder processor MB86H611 (a member of MB86H61 series) with advanced security architecture has been successfully certified by NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S).
News categories: Fujitsu, Nagra, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM
Samsung Closes in on Intel for Semiconductor Market Leadership in 2010
Apr 19, 2011 — Continuing its steady rise in the semiconductor industry, Samsung in 2010 came closer to challenging Intel’s chip market leadership than any company had in more than a decade, new IHS iSuppli market research has revealed.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
Fujitsu Semiconductor and Verimatrix Announce Partnership for Cardless DVB Set-Top Boxes
Mar 21, 2011 — Fujitsu Semiconductor has announced with Verimatrix that Fujitsu's MB86H611 high definition, multi-standard decoder system-on-chip (SoC) has been embedded with Verimatrix's ViewRight® STB for DVB client security.
News categories: Fujitsu, Verimatrix, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Fujitsu Semiconductor Launches AVS Interactive STB Decoder
Mar 3, 2011 — Fujitsu Semiconductor has announced the release of its MB86H06, a new generation of interactive Set Top Box (STB) MPEG2/H.264 decoder solution capable of supporting China’s AVS format too.
News categories: Fujitsu, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Fujitsu Announces Ginga Solution on HD Decoder Family for Latin America DTT market
Feb 25, 2011 — Fujitsu Semiconductor has announced the adoption of a Ginga software from TQTVD, part of the TOTVS group. TOTVS will port its Ginga solution to Fujitsu HD Decoders and promote it, together with Fujitsu, as a full system solution for the SBTVD market.
News categories: Fujitsu, TQTVD, Ginga, Brazil, CCBN, Digital TV, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Over One Million Units of Fujitsu Semiconductor's New Low-Cost MPEG-2 Set-Top Box Chip H20D Shipped
Jan 29, 2010 — Fujitsu Semiconductor (Shanghai)has announced that the shipment of Fujitsu's new low-cost MPEG-2 set-top box chip H20D has exceeded one million units. The product went into mass production in March 2010.
News categories: Fujitsu, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results