Digital TV News: Fujitsu Semi
ARM Launches Second Generation of MALI-T600 Graphics Processors
Aug 6, 2012 – ARM (LSE:ARM; Nasdaq:ARMH) has announced the second generation of the ARM® Mali™-T600 Series graphics processing units (GPUs), providing a dramatically improved user experience for tablets, smartphones and smart TVs.
News categories: ARM, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Smart TV, Smartphone, Tablet
Fujitsu Introduces CONAX Certified Set-Top Box Chipsets
Jun 12, 2012 – Fujitsu has announced that its HDTV processor, MB86H611, has been certified by CONAX. The MB86H61 is part of a single-chip decoder family that supports H.264/AVC, MPEG-2, AVS and VC-1 video decoding at resolutions up to 1080p 50/60Hz.
News categories: Fujitsu Semi, ANGA COM, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Fujitsu Introduces NAGRA Certified Set-Top-Box Chipsets
Nov 3, 2011 – Fujitsu has announced that its HDTV multi-decoder processor MB86H611 (a member of MB86H61 series) with advanced security architecture has been successfully certified by NAGRA (SIX:KUD.S).
News categories: Fujitsu, Nagra, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM
Samsung Closes in on Intel for Semiconductor Market Leadership in 2010
Apr 19, 2011 – Continuing its steady rise in the semiconductor industry, Samsung in 2010 came closer to challenging Intel's chip market leadership than any company had in more than a decade, new IHS iSuppli market research has revealed.
News categories: iSuppli, Market Research, Semiconductor
Fujitsu Semiconductor and Verimatrix Announce Partnership for Cardless DVB Set-Top Boxes
Mar 21, 2011 – Fujitsu Semiconductor has announced with Verimatrix that Fujitsu's MB86H611 high definition, multi-standard decoder system-on-chip (SoC) has been embedded with Verimatrix's ViewRight® STB for DVB client security.
News categories: Fujitsu, Verimatrix, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Fujitsu Semiconductor Launches AVS Interactive STB Decoder
Mar 3, 2011 – Fujitsu Semiconductor has announced the release of its MB86H06, a new generation of interactive Set Top Box (STB) MPEG2/H.264 decoder solution capable of supporting China's AVS format too.
News categories: Fujitsu, Asia, Cable TV, China, Digital TV, ICs, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Fujitsu Announces Ginga Solution on HD Decoder Family for Latin America DTT market
Feb 25, 2011 – Fujitsu Semiconductor has announced the adoption of a Ginga software from TQTVD, part of the TOTVS group. TOTVS will port its Ginga solution to Fujitsu HD Decoders and promote it, together with Fujitsu, as a full system solution for the SBTVD market.
News categories: Fujitsu, TQTVD, Ginga, Brazil, CCBN, Digital TV, Middleware, SBTVD, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
Over One Million Units of Fujitsu Semiconductor's New Low-Cost MPEG-2 Set-Top Box Chip H20D Shipped
Jan 29, 2010 – Fujitsu Semiconductor (Shanghai)has announced that the shipment of Fujitsu's new low-cost MPEG-2 set-top box chip H20D has exceeded one million units. The product went into mass production in March 2010.
News categories: Fujitsu, Market Research, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV