Digital TV News: HISPASAT
HISPASAT makes first transmissions of second generation 3DTV
Jul 4, 2012 – HISPASAT has made the world's first demonstration of the JEDI television channel in 3D compatible with the MVC (Multiview Video Coding) format. With this format it’s possible to transmit the same content in HD and 3D Full HD on the same signal.
News categories: HISPASAT, JEDI consortium, 3D, Digital TV, Satellite
HISPASAT and Orbital Sign Contract for the Construction of Two New Amazonas Satellites
Jun 25, 2012 – Group HISPASAT and Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) have signed a contract for the construction of two new satellites. Amazonas 4A and 4B will allow HISPASAT to meet the growing demand for satellite capacity, mainly for satellite television, in Latin America.
News categories: HISPASAT, Orbital Sciences, Infrastructure, Latin America, Satellite
Hispasat and Pittsburgh International Telecommunications Launch 'New Winds' DTH Platform on Amazonas-2 Satellite
Apr 21, 2011 – Hispasat and Pittsburgh International Telecommunications (PIT) have announced a partnership to launch a new DTH (direct-to-home) platform on Amazonas-2 called 'New Winds', as an alternative for the North American DTH market.
News categories: Hispasat, Pittsburgh International Telecommunications, Digital TV, Infrastructure, North America, Satellite
RRsat Launches Digital Satellite Platform for Latin American Market
Apr 7, 2011 – RRsat (NASDAQ: RRST) has announced its MCPC platform on Hispasat 1E. RRsat will broadcast content in SD, HD, and 3D to viewers in Latin America capable of receiving DTH digital television, and to DTT, DBS and cable TV operators.
News categories: RRsat, Hispasat, Infrastructure, Latin America, Satellite
Movistar Venezuela launches DTH
Aug 20, 2008 – Movistar (Madrid:TEF)(NYSE:TEF) launched its Movistar TVDigital satellite TV service in Venezuela in the first week of August. The service offers three set-top box models, one of which has PVR functionality.
News categories: Movistar, TVdigital, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Venezuela
Portugal Telecom First quarter 2008 results
May 8, 2008 – At the end of 1Q08, Portugal Telecom (EuroNext Lisbon: PTC) (NYSE: PT) had a total base of 47 thousand pay-TV customers, having added 26 thousand subscribers during the quarter, more than doubling its customer base as at the end of 4Q07.
News categories: Portugal Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Mobile, Personal Video Recorder, Portugal, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Portugal Telecom announces launch of satellite TV offer
Apr 2, 2008 – Portugal Telecom (PT) has announced the launch of its nationwide TV offer through satellite (DTH – direct to home), which will complement the existing IPTV offer.
News categories: Portugal Telecom, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Mobile, Personal Video Recorder, Portugal, Satellite
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA