Digital TV News: HISPASAT
HISPASAT chooses Thomson Video Networks for HEVC Ultra HD content delivery demonstration
Sep 6, 2013 – Thomson Video Networks has announced that HISPASAT has launched a trial demonstration of Ultra HD content delivery using the High Efficiency Video Coding (HEVC) compression capabilities of their ViBE™ VS7000 multi-screen encoding platform.
News categories: Thomson Video Networks, HISPASAT, IBCShow, Infrastructure, Satellite
HISPASAT to make Ultra HD channel available
Jul 25, 2013 – HISPASAT has announced that it will soon launch a dedicated channel in Ultra High Definition (Ultra HD). The channel, to be called Hispasat 4K, will be available for use by the television industry.
News categories: HISPASAT, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Satellite
HISPASAT makes first transmissions of second generation 3DTV
Jul 4, 2012 – HISPASAT has made the world's first demonstration of the JEDI television channel in 3D compatible with the MVC (Multiview Video Coding) format. With this format it's possible to transmit the same content in HD and 3D Full HD on the same signal.
News categories: HISPASAT, JEDI consortium, 3D, Digital TV, Satellite
HISPASAT and Orbital Sign Contract for the Construction of Two New Amazonas Satellites
Jun 25, 2012 – Group HISPASAT and Orbital Sciences (NYSE:ORB) have signed a contract for the construction of two new satellites. Amazonas 4A and 4B will allow HISPASAT to meet the growing demand for satellite capacity, mainly for satellite television, in Latin America.
News categories: HISPASAT, Orbital Sciences, Infrastructure, Latin America, Satellite
Hispasat and Pittsburgh International Telecommunications Launch 'New Winds' DTH Platform on Amazonas-2 Satellite
Apr 21, 2011 – Hispasat and Pittsburgh International Telecommunications (PIT) have announced a partnership to launch a new DTH (direct-to-home) platform on Amazonas-2 called 'New Winds', as an alternative for the North American DTH market.
News categories: Hispasat, Pittsburgh International Telecommunications, Digital TV, Infrastructure, North America, Satellite
RRsat Launches Digital Satellite Platform for Latin American Market
Apr 7, 2011 – RRsat (NASDAQ: RRST) has announced its MCPC platform on Hispasat 1E. RRsat will broadcast content in SD, HD, and 3D to viewers in Latin America capable of receiving DTH digital television, and to DTT, DBS and cable TV operators.
News categories: RRsat, Hispasat, Infrastructure, Latin America, Satellite
Movistar Venezuela launches DTH
Aug 20, 2008 – Movistar (Madrid:TEF)(NYSE:TEF) launched its Movistar TVDigital satellite TV service in Venezuela in the first week of August. The service offers three set-top box models, one of which has PVR functionality.
News categories: Movistar, TVdigital, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Venezuela
Portugal Telecom First quarter 2008 results
May 8, 2008 – At the end of 1Q08, Portugal Telecom (EuroNext Lisbon: PTC) (NYSE: PT) had a total base of 47 thousand pay-TV customers, having added 26 thousand subscribers during the quarter, more than doubling its customer base as at the end of 4Q07.
News categories: Portugal Telecom, Digital TV, IPTV, Multiscreen, Personal Video Recorder, Portugal, Results, Subscribers, Terrestrial
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal