Digital TV News: Heavy Reading
Entone FusionTV fuels world's first premium internet TV service
Dec 4, 2012 – Entone has announced that Cable & Wireless Communication's (CWC) Caribbean division, LIME, has selected its FusionTV® solution to power the world's first premium Pay TV service delivered over the Internet.
News categories: Entone, CWC, LIME TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware
Zoran Introduces Optimized Interactive IP Set-Top Products for Service Operators
Jun 14, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating a new platform optimized for high definition interactive IP set-top box systems at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) Show.
News categories: Zoran, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
Entropic Communications Ships More Than 50 Million MoCA Silicon Solutions
Jun 7, 2011 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has shipped more than fifty million MoCA 1.0/1.1 chipsets since 2007. Entropic's MoCA technology is being deployed by pay-TV service providers covering over 70% of the U.S. market.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Cable TV, Coax, Home Networking, Market Research, MoCA, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
Verimatrix Demonstrates Momentum in Connected TV Devices and OTT Services at IP&TV World Forum 2011
Mar 17, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced that it will be showcasing its broadening ecosystem support for connected TV and over-the-top (OTT) premium video services at the IP&TV World Forum, through widespread integration of ViewRight® security clients at its booth.
News categories: Verimatrix, TVConnect
iPad Helps Spark a Cable Set-Top Revolution
Oct 19, 2010 – The arrival of high-powered end-user devices such as the Apple iPad is driving cable network operators to demand more sophisticated set-top boxes (STBs) from equipment suppliers, according to the latest report from Heavy Reading.
News categories: Heavy Reading, Cable TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
Telcos Face Complex Challenges in Scaling IP Services
Jul 2, 2010 – IPTV network operators face a complex array of issues and challenges as they scale their networks to deliver more robust services to a wider group of customers, and those challenges aren't limited solely to subscriber headcount, according to Heavy Reading.
News categories: Heavy Reading, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA