Digital TV News: Heavy Reading
Entone FusionTV fuels world's first premium internet TV service
Dec 4, 2012 – Entone has announced that Cable & Wireless Communication's (CWC) Caribbean division, LIME, has selected its FusionTV® solution to power the world's first premium Pay TV service delivered over the Internet.
News categories: Entone, CWC, LIME TV, Caribbean, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware
Zoran Introduces Optimized Interactive IP Set-Top Products for Service Operators
Jun 14, 2011 – Zoran (NASDAQ: ZRAN) is demonstrating a new platform optimized for high definition interactive IP set-top box systems at the National Cable & Telecommunications Association (NCTA) Show.
News categories: Zoran, Digital TV, ICs, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, The Cable Show
Entropic Communications Ships More Than 50 Million MoCA Silicon Solutions
Jun 7, 2011 – Entropic Communications (Nasdaq:ENTR) has announced that it has shipped more than fifty million MoCA 1.0/1.1 chipsets since 2007. Entropic's MoCA technology is being deployed by pay-TV service providers covering over 70% of the U.S. market.
News categories: Entropic Communications, Cable TV, Coax, Home Networking, Market Research, MoCA, Satellite, Semiconductor, USA
Verimatrix Demonstrates Momentum in Connected TV Devices and OTT Services at IP&TV World Forum 2011
Mar 17, 2011 – Verimatrix has announced that it will be showcasing its broadening ecosystem support for connected TV and over-the-top (OTT) premium video services at the IP&TV World Forum, through widespread integration of ViewRight® security clients at its booth.
News categories: Verimatrix, TVConnect
iPad Helps Spark a Cable Set-Top Revolution
Oct 19, 2010 – The arrival of high-powered end-user devices such as the Apple iPad is driving cable network operators to demand more sophisticated set-top boxes (STBs) from equipment suppliers, according to the latest report from Heavy Reading.
News categories: Heavy Reading, Cable TV, Market Research, Set Top Box, USA
Telcos Face Complex Challenges in Scaling IP Services
Jul 2, 2010 – IPTV network operators face a complex array of issues and challenges as they scale their networks to deliver more robust services to a wider group of customers, and those challenges aren't limited solely to subscriber headcount, according to Heavy Reading.
News categories: Heavy Reading, Digital TV, Infrastructure, IPTV, Market Research, Middleware, Set Top Box
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
- Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
- Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
- Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores
- Triple-play revenues to reach $144 billion in 2018
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on Xbox One
- Deutsche Telekom adds iPhone support for Entertain to Go service
- Television now 55% digital as analogue broadcasting switch-off advances worldwide
- Entel to offer satellite TV in Bolivia
- DVB Steering Board Ratifies GSE-LITE Specification