Digital TV News: J'son & Partners
Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
May 15, 2013 – According to a report from J'son & Partners Consulting, at the end of 2012 the IPTV subscriber base in Russia was about 2.54 million, or 4.7% of households in the country.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
Pay TV penetration to reach 74% in Russia in 2017
Feb 22, 2013 – According to a J'son & Partners Consulting study, pay TV penetration in Russia in 2012 reached 58%, a rate expected to grow to 74% in 2017. Russia had 31.9 million pay TV households connected to cable, satellite or IPTV in 2012.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
ALi Partners with MNITI to Propose Reference DVB-T2 STB for Russia
Oct 22, 2012 – ALi Corporation (TPE:3041) has announced that ALi and MNITI have agreed to join forces on introducing a reference set-top-box solution to assist Russian STB manufacturers in the deployment of digital terrestrial television adopting the DVB-T2 standard.
News categories: ALi Corp, MNITI, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Russia's STB market to reach 5.15 million units in 2012
Aug 30, 2012 – According to a report from J'son & Partners, the number of set-top boxes sold in Russia in 2011 was 3.95 million up from 3.45 million in 2010. The market research company expects this number will grow significantly in 2012 to reach 5.15 million units.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Pay TV subscriptions in Russia to hit 37.6 million in 2016
Aug 17, 2012 – According to J'son & Partners, the number of pay TV subscribers in Russia at the end of 2011 was 28.6 million, up 22.2% on 2010. The company expects this number to reach 37.6 million by 2016, representing 69% of households compared with 52% for 2011.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 – According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Raduga TV Works With Irdeto To Protect Digital Video Broadcast Offerings
Aug 5, 2010 – Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Russia's Raduga TV has implemented Irdeto's Conditional Access System (CAS) and Secure Chipset to protect its Direct To Home (DTH) Satellite Digital Video Broadcast services (DVB-S) and set top boxes (STB).
News categories: Irdeto, Raduga TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)