Digital TV News: J'son & Partners
Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
May 15, 2013 — According to a report from J'son & Partners Consulting, at the end of 2012 the IPTV subscriber base in Russia was about 2.54 million, or 4.7% of households in the country.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Subscribers
Pay TV penetration to reach 74% in Russia in 2017
Feb 22, 2013 — According to a J'son & Partners Consulting study, pay TV penetration in Russia in 2012 reached 58%, a rate expected to grow to 74% in 2017. Russia had 31.9 million pay TV households connected to cable, satellite or IPTV in 2012.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
ALi Partners with MNITI to Propose Reference DVB-T2 STB for Russia
Oct 22, 2012 — ALi Corporation (TPE:3041) has announced that ALi and MNITI have agreed to join forces on introducing a reference set-top-box solution to assist Russian STB manufacturers in the deployment of digital terrestrial television adopting the DVB-T2 standard.
News categories: ALi Corp, MNITI, Digital TV, DVB-T2, Russia, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Russia's STB market to reach 5.15 million units in 2012
Aug 30, 2012 — According to a report from J'son & Partners, the number of set-top boxes sold in Russia in 2011 was 3.95 million up from 3.45 million in 2010. The market research company expects this number will grow significantly in 2012 to reach 5.15 million units.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Terrestrial
Pay TV subscriptions in Russia to hit 37.6 million in 2016
Aug 17, 2012 — According to J'son & Partners, the number of pay TV subscribers in Russia at the end of 2011 was 28.6 million, up 22.2% on 2010. The company expects this number to reach 37.6 million by 2016, representing 69% of households compared with 52% for 2011.
News categories: J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Subscribers
Russia's STB market to be flat at 2.5 million units in 2012
Dec 5, 2011 — According to a report from J'son & Partners commissioned by the European Audiovisual Observatory, the number of set-top boxes shipped this year in Russia will be 2.5 million, with no growth expected in 2012.
News categories: European Audiovisual Observatory, J'son & Partners, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box, Subscribers, Terrestrial
Raduga TV Works With Irdeto To Protect Digital Video Broadcast Offerings
Aug 5, 2010 — Irdeto (JSE: NPN) has announced that Russia's Raduga TV has implemented Irdeto's Conditional Access System (CAS) and Secure Chipset to protect its Direct To Home (DTH) Satellite Digital Video Broadcast services (DVB-S) and set top boxes (STB).
News categories: Irdeto, Raduga TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Russia, Satellite, Set Top Box
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results
- Farncombe and Inview collaborate on OTT solutions for the LatAm market
- Espial powers Harvard Freeview hybrid STBs and multiscreen apps
- Bhagyanagar Digital Services Indian cable consortium to use Conax content security
- HD+ increases customer base to 1.1 million German households in 1Q 2013
- BT Vision subscribers up 40,000 to 810,000 in 1Q 2013
- Reliance Digital TV subscribers unchanged in 1Q 2013 at 4.6 million
- Canal+ Spain subscribers down 26,500 in 1Q 2013
- StarHub pay TV subscribers down 4,000 in 1Q 2013