Digital TV News: Jinni
Prisa TV Selects Jinni as Provider of Discovery and Recommendation for Spanish Viewers
Aug 29, 2012 — Jinni has announced that Prisa TV, the company behind CANAL+ Spain, is the third European television network to offer its subscribers a semantic-based user experience, powered by Jinni, for TV viewing within the household.
News categories: Jinni, Prisa TV, Infrastructure, Spain
Swisscom Teams Up With Jinni to Bring Semantic Discovery to Live TV & VOD Subscribers
Jul 10, 2012 — Jinni has announced a partnership with Swisscom (Swiss: SCMN) for integration into On Demand and live TV. The Swisscom service will offer its customers an intuitive, user-centric guide to seamlessly integrate discovery, content recommendations and viewing.
News categories: Jinni, Swisscom, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Jinni and Belgacom release taste-powered set-top box
Jun 26, 2012 — Jinni has announced the launch of the first Jinni-powered set-top-box providing TV subscribers with a truly user-centric content discovery and viewing experience over linear TV and VOD. The box will be introduced progressively by Belgacom.
News categories: Jinni, Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
100 Million Households Will Be Using Hybrid Services by 2016
Mar 20, 2012 — New NPD In-Stat research forecasts that 100 million households will actively use a hybrid service delivered to their TV set by 2016 and Europe's Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) service will begin to gain dominance by late 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, PC Video, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Omek and Jinni Partner to Demonstrate Gesture-Enabled Interface for Mood-Based Video Discovery
Jan 10, 2012 — Omek Interactive and Jinni Media have announced a partnership to deliver a video content navigation system for CE manufacturers and content providers that combines gesture recognition and body tracking with taste-and-mood based video discovery.
News categories: Jinni Media, Omek Interactive, CES, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Jinni brings the Semantic Video Discovery to Netgem's IPTV solutions
Aug 24, 2011 — Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) and Jinni have partnered to offer end-users a new way of discovering and choosing content to watch on any connected screen within the home.
News categories: Jinni, Netgem, Home Networking, IBC, Middleware, Set Top Box
MIPS Technologies Continues Digital Home Leadership With New SmartCE™ Platform
Jan 5, 2011 — MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has unveiled the new SmartCE™ (Connected Entertainment) platform, which will be demonstrated running on several of its licensees' SoC platforms at CES.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Blu-ray, CES, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Belgacom Signs Strategic Partnership with blinkx to Power Video Search
Nov 17, 2010 — blinkx plc (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a strategic partnership with Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) to power TV and Video Search across Belgacom's new entertainment platform. The strategic partnership is exclusive for Belgium and Luxembourg.
News categories: blinkx, Belgacom, Belgium, Infrastructure, IPTV, Luxembourg, Mobile, OTT, PC Video
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results