Digital TV News: Jinni
Prisa TV Selects Jinni as Provider of Discovery and Recommendation for Spanish Viewers
Aug 29, 2012 – Jinni has announced that Prisa TV, the company behind CANAL+ Spain, is the third European television network to offer its subscribers a semantic-based user experience, powered by Jinni, for TV viewing within the household.
News categories: Jinni, Prisa TV, Infrastructure, Spain
Swisscom Teams Up With Jinni to Bring Semantic Discovery to Live TV & VOD Subscribers
Jul 10, 2012 – Jinni has announced a partnership with Swisscom (Swiss: SCMN) for integration into On Demand and live TV. The Swisscom service will offer its customers an intuitive, user-centric guide to seamlessly integrate discovery, content recommendations and viewing.
News categories: Jinni, Swisscom, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Switzerland
Jinni and Belgacom release taste-powered set-top box
Jun 26, 2012 – Jinni has announced the launch of the first Jinni-powered set-top-box providing TV subscribers with a truly user-centric content discovery and viewing experience over linear TV and VOD. The box will be introduced progressively by Belgacom.
News categories: Jinni, Belgacom, Belgium, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
100 Million Households Will Be Using Hybrid Services by 2016
Mar 20, 2012 – New NPD In-Stat research forecasts that 100 million households will actively use a hybrid service delivered to their TV set by 2016 and Europe's Hybrid Broadcast Broadband TV (HbbTV) service will begin to gain dominance by late 2013.
News categories: In-Stat, Apps, Digital TV, HbbTV, Market Research, Middleware, OTT, PC Video, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet
Omek and Jinni Partner to Demonstrate Gesture-Enabled Interface for Mood-Based Video Discovery
Jan 10, 2012 – Omek Interactive and Jinni Media have announced a partnership to deliver a video content navigation system for CE manufacturers and content providers that combines gesture recognition and body tracking with taste-and-mood based video discovery.
News categories: Jinni Media, Omek Interactive, CES, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Jinni brings the Semantic Video Discovery to Netgem's IPTV solutions
Aug 24, 2011 – Netgem (Paris: NTG FP 7537; ETGM) and Jinni have partnered to offer end-users a new way of discovering and choosing content to watch on any connected screen within the home.
News categories: Jinni, Netgem, Home Networking, IBCShow, Middleware, Set Top Box
MIPS Technologies Continues Digital Home Leadership With New SmartCE™ Platform
Jan 5, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has unveiled the new SmartCE™ (Connected Entertainment) platform, which will be demonstrated running on several of its licensees' SoC platforms at CES.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Blu-ray, CES, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, Smart TV
Belgacom Signs Strategic Partnership with blinkx to Power Video Search
Nov 17, 2010 – blinkx plc (LSE AIM: BLNX) has announced a strategic partnership with Belgacom (Brussels: BELG) to power TV and Video Search across Belgacom's new entertainment platform. The strategic partnership is exclusive for Belgium and Luxembourg.
News categories: blinkx, Belgacom, Belgium, Infrastructure, IPTV, Luxembourg, Multiscreen, OTT, PC Video
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)