Digital TV News: MIPS Technologies
iPPea Brings 'Smart' Android Experience to any HDMI-Enabled DTV
Jul 9, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) and iPPea have announced iPPea's new iPPea TV, an Android 4.0 'Ice Cream Sandwich' dongle that brings the 'smart' Android experience to any HDMI-enabled DTV for $50 (U.S.).
News categories: MIPS Technologies, iPPea, Ingenic, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP, USA
MIPS and Broadcom Sign Patent and Technology License Agreement
Jul 3, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that it has entered into a multi-faceted patent and technology license agreement with Broadcom (NASDAQ: BRCM).
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Broadcom, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
SICMicro Selects MIPS Technologies' Processor IP for New Set-top Box Chip
Apr 17, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that SICMicro has selected its MIPS32® processor cores for the new generation of its highly-secure decoder SoCs for China's rapidly-growing ABS-S set-top box market.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, SICMicro, China, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
Opera TV Now Available for MIPS™ Architecture
Mar 19, 2012 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Opera Software have teamed to bring the Opera Devices SDK to the MIPS® processor architecture. The Opera TV Store and the Opera TV browser with WebGL™ support are now available for MIPS-Based™ digital home devices.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Opera Software, CCBN, Middleware, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, TVConnect
MIPS Technologies and SiS Continue to Drive Android™ Into the Digital Home
May 31, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) and Taiwan's Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS) have announced that they have collaborated to deliver an optimized Android solution on SiS' new MIPS-Based™ integrated internet TV platform, which is available now.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, Silicon Integrated Systems, Home Networking, ICs, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MIPS Technologies' Processor IP Drives New Hybrid Media Player/Set-Top Box Chipset From ALi Corp
Apr 25, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (Nasdaq:MIPS) has announced that Taiwan's ALi Corporation has based its new system-on-chip (SoC), which is targeted at the emerging 'triple play' market, on its MIPS32® 24KEf™ core.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, ALi Corp, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Silicon IP
The Linux Foundation Announces MeeGo TV Working Group
Mar 22, 2011 – The Linux Foundation has announced the formation of the MeeGo™ Smart TV Working Group. The Working Group is designed to help drive the evolution of MeeGo within the TV ecosystem and provide an open framework for industry creativity and innovation.
News categories: MeeGo, Linux Foundation, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Tablet, TVConnect
MIPS Technologies Processor Cores to Power Mobile TV Devices from MaxRise
Feb 14, 2011 – MIPS Technologies (NASDAQ: MIPS) has announced that MaxRise Inc., a Macronix International Co., Ltd. Group Company, has licensed its MIPS32® M4K® processor core to develop mobile TV solutions.
News categories: MIPS Technologies, MaxRise, Multiscreen, MWC13, Semiconductor, Silicon IP
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)
- Cyta Hellas launches IPTV in Greece
- Stream TV partners with BOE to introduce 55" 4K 3D glasses-free display
- India's Fastway orders 1 million Conax secure clients
- Fetch TV celebrates 100K subscribers with launch of upgraded mobile app
- DVRs levelling off at about half of all US TV households