Digital TV News: MYtv
PTCL launches revamped entertainment portal 'MyTv.com.pk'
May 17, 2013 – Pakistan Telecommunication Company Limited (PTCL) has launched a revamped entertainment portal, MyTv.com.pk, providing a wide collection of entertainment and infotainment content including Pakistani Drama Serials as well as high demand licensed international movies.
News categories: PTCL, Digital TV, OTT, Pakistan, PC Video, Smartphone, Tablet
ACCESS Showcases Solutions for Connected Home, Connected TV and OTT at CES
Jan 9, 2012 – ACCESS CO. will be showcasing market-leading solutions for multi-screen DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance) media sharing, an advanced WebKit-based HTML5 browser, and a new social TV driven OTT video platform at 2012 International CES.
News categories: ACCESS CO., CES, DLNA, Middleware, OCAP, OTT, Set Top Box, Smart TV
FSM Telecom launches pay DTT in Micronesia
Dec 12, 2010 – FSM Telecommunications of the The Federated States of Micronesia has announced the launch of its newest service in Chuuk and Yap, MyTV. The MyTV service employs Digital Video Broadcasting Terrestial (DVB-T).
News categories: FSM Telecom, Digital TV, Micronesia, Terrestrial
Satellite TV platforms maintain growth despite tight consumer spending
Jan 14, 2010 – Euroconsult has announced that growth in the satellite pay-TV market remained strong in 2009 despite the global economic downturn. According to their report, the number of TV platforms in service increased to 113 in 2009 (+38% in three years).
News categories: Euroconsult, Digital TV, Market Research, Satellite
MYtv Selects NDS for Hybrid Pay-TV Service and First Integrated DVR in CIS
Nov 23, 2009 – NDS has announced that MYtv has chosen professional services and an end-to-end solution from NDS for its hybrid satellite direct-to-home (DTH) pay-TV platform. MYtv is planning to launch its pay- TV service in late 2009.
News categories: NDS Group, MYtv, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Ukraine
MYtv® Selects Intelsat Capacity for its DTH Launch in the Ukraine
Nov 10, 2009 – Intelsat has announced that MYtv has chosen Intelsat for a multi-year capacity contract to deliver its MYtv DTH platform to subscribers throughout the Ukraine over the Thor 6 satellite located at 1°W.
News categories: Intelsat, MYtv, Digital TV, DVB-S2, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Ukraine
VNPT launches 'MyTV' IPTV in Vietnam
Sep 28, 2009 – The Vietnam Posts and Telecommunications Group (VNPT) has introduced its 'MyTV' service in Hanoi. MyTV is based on IPTV technology provided by the Vietnam Software and Communications Company (VASC), a VNPT subsidiary.
News categories: VNPT, Digital TV, IPTV, Vietnam
Macrovision Agrees to Acquire Gemstar-TV Guide
Dec 7, 2007 – Macrovision Corporation (NASDAQ: MVSN) and Gemstar-TV Guide International, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMST) have announced a definitive agreement for Macrovision to acquire Gemstar-TV Guide in a cash and stock transaction.
News categories: Macrovision, Gemstar-TV Guide, Cable TV, Content Protection, Digital TV, M&A, Middleware, Optical Disc Recorder, Satellite, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal