Digital TV News: Marvell
MobiTV collaborates with Marvell to deliver secure HD content in the home
Apr 8, 2013 — MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) to enable its Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution and Media Player on Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 HD media platform for enhanced delivery of secure HD content in the home.
News categories: MobiTV, Marvell, Digital TV, DRM, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor
Vestel produces Android IPTV platform for Wingo in Switzerland
Mar 18, 2013 — Vestel has announced that it has successfully launched an advanced client platform based on Android OS to receive the IPTV services of Wingo in Switzerland. The platform uses Marvell's Armada 1500 chipset.
News categories: Vestel, Wingo, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Switzerland, TVConnect
Marvell Powers TCL Smart TV and Set-top Box with Google TV
Jan 8, 2013 — Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) and TCL have announced that TCL is the first company to offer both a Smart TV (Movo) and set-top box (MoVo Box) with Google TV, powered by Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 series SoC platform (88DE3100).
News categories: Marvell, TCL, Google TV, CES, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Marvell Empowers NETGEAR NeoTV PRIME with Google TV
Jan 8, 2013 — Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced that its ARMADA®1500 series System-on-Chip (SoC) platform (88DE3100) will power the NeoTV PRIME with Google TV from NETGEAR (NASDAQGM: NTGR). Marvell will demonstrate the device at the 2013 Consumer Electronics Show.
News categories: Marvell, NETGEAR, Google TV, CES, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Marvell and ASUS Team Up to Deliver Qube with Google TV Media Streamer
Jan 8, 2013 — Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) has announced that its ARMADA® 1500 series System-on-Chip (SoC) platform (88DE3100) will power the new ASUS Qube with Google TV media streamer. Marvell and ASUS will demonstrate the ASUS Qube with Google TV at CES.
News categories: Marvell, ASUS, CES, Digital TV, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Marvell and Hisense Introduce Smart TVs and Set-top Boxes with Google TV
Jan 8, 2013 — Marvell (Nasdaq: MRVL) has announced that its ARMADA®1500 series System-on-Chip (88DE3100) is at the core of new Google TV products from Hisense, including the Hisense Pulse and the XT780 Smart TV series.
News categories: Marvell, Hisense, CES, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Wi-Fi Alliance® launches Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast™
Sep 19, 2012 — The Wi-Fi Alliance has announced the launch of the Wi-Fi CERTIFIED Miracast™ certification program. Miracast devices provide simplified discovery and setup, so users can quickly transmit video content from one device to another.
News categories: Wi-Fi Alliance, Home Networking, Wireless
EchoStar Goes Hybrid with New Android™-powered DVB and IP STB
Sep 7, 2012 — EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS) has announced that it is expanding its portfolio of Android™-powered set-top boxes (STB) with the introduction of a new hybrid DVB and IP solution the HDX-410.
News categories: EchoStar, IBC, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results