Digital TV News: MobiTV
MobiTV and EchoStar collaborate on secure Android set-top box
Sep 16, 2013 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell and EchoStar (NASDAQ: SATS). Expanding MobiTV's footprint inside the home, its DRM agent and Marvell-powered media player are now integrated into EchoStar set-top boxes.
News categories: MobiTV, EchoStar, Marvell, Charlie Nooney, Mark Jackson, Digital TV, DRM, IBCShow, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MobiTV collaborates with Marvell to deliver secure HD content in the home
Apr 8, 2013 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) to enable its Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution and Media Player on Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 HD media platform for enhanced delivery of secure HD content in the home.
News categories: MobiTV, Marvell, Digital TV, DRM, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor
MobiTV showcases benefits of HEVC for service providers at IBC
Sep 6, 2012 – MobiTV will perform a demonstration of the HEVC (H.265) video compression standard at IBC. HEVC is the latest iteration of industry standards developed to improve the compression efficiency of video and will supersede the current AVC (H.264) standard.
News categories: MobiTV, Digital TV, IBCShow
MobiTV Offers Standalone Licensable Network DVR to Service Providers
Jul 19, 2012 – MobiTV has announced that its network DVR (nDVR) will be released as a standalone licensable solution to service providers. The MobiTV nDVR navigates complex rights management across countries by efficiently configuring for any of the governing international rules.
News categories: MobiTV, Content Protection, Infrastructure, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Placeshifting
Amino showcases new multi-screen media gateway at NAB 2012
Apr 16, 2012 – Amino is demonstrating its range of IPTV/OTT and hybrid/OTT solutions at NAB 2012. Visitors can see demonstrations of the new Amino Freedom Live media gateway - the first hybrid/OTT media gateway to be powered by Intel's Atom™ Processor CE 5300 SoC.
News categories: Amino, IPTV, NABShow, Set Top Box
Amino integrates MobiTV TV Everywhere Media Player and DRM
Mar 19, 2012 – MobiTV has announced that the MobiTV TV Everywhere Media Player and DRM solution have been embedded within an Amino (AIM: AMO) set-top box; creating a secure adaptive streaming experience while eliminating the need for managed networks.
News categories: MobiTV, Amino, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box
MobiTV Collaborates with TI to Deliver OMAP Platform-Based HD Content Streaming
Feb 27, 2012 – MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) to enhance delivery of secure HD content on multiscreen devices by optimizing its technology on TI's OMAP™ platform.
News categories: MobiTV, Texas Instruments, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Multiscreen, OTT, Semiconductor, Smartphone
MobiTV and Deutsche Telekom Partner to Develop Converged Media Platform
Jan 9, 2012 – MobiTV and Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt:DTE; NYSE:DT) are partnering to develop a converged media platform that will enable the delivery of content across multiple platforms including mobile phones, tablets, PCs, Internet TVs and set-top boxes.
News categories: MobiTV, Deutsche Telekom, Germany, IPTV, Multiscreen, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal