Digital TV News: MobiTV
MobiTV collaborates with Marvell to deliver secure HD content in the home
Apr 8, 2013 — MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Marvell (NASDAQ: MRVL) to enable its Digital Rights Management (DRM) solution and Media Player on Marvell's ARMADA® 1500 HD media platform for enhanced delivery of secure HD content in the home.
News categories: MobiTV, Marvell, Digital TV, DRM, NABShow, OTT, Semiconductor
MobiTV showcases benefits of HEVC for service providers at IBC
Sep 6, 2012 — MobiTV will perform a demonstration of the HEVC (H.265) video compression standard at IBC. HEVC is the latest iteration of industry standards developed to improve the compression efficiency of video and will supersede the current AVC (H.264) standard.
News categories: MobiTV, Digital TV, IBC
MobiTV Offers Standalone Licensable Network DVR to Service Providers
Jul 19, 2012 — MobiTV has announced that its network DVR (nDVR) will be released as a standalone licensable solution to service providers. The MobiTV nDVR navigates complex rights management across countries by efficiently configuring for any of the governing international rules.
News categories: MobiTV, Content Protection, Infrastructure, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Placeshifting
Amino showcases new multi-screen media gateway at NAB 2012
Apr 16, 2012 — Amino is demonstrating its range of IPTV/OTT and hybrid/OTT solutions at NAB 2012. Visitors can see demonstrations of the new Amino Freedom Live media gateway - the first hybrid/OTT media gateway to be powered by Intel's Atom™ Processor CE 5300 SoC.
News categories: Amino, IPTV, NABShow, Set Top Box
Amino integrates MobiTV TV Everywhere Media Player and DRM
Mar 19, 2012 — MobiTV has announced that the MobiTV TV Everywhere Media Player and DRM solution have been embedded within an Amino (AIM: AMO) set-top box; creating a secure adaptive streaming experience while eliminating the need for managed networks.
News categories: MobiTV, Amino, DRM, Media Player, OTT, Set Top Box
MobiTV Collaborates with TI to Deliver OMAP Platform-Based HD Content Streaming
Feb 27, 2012 — MobiTV has announced that it is collaborating with Texas Instruments (NYSE: TXN) to enhance delivery of secure HD content on multiscreen devices by optimizing its technology on TI's OMAP™ platform.
News categories: MobiTV, Texas Instruments, Content Protection, DRM, Middleware, Mobile, OTT, Semiconductor, Smartphone
MobiTV and Deutsche Telekom Partner to Develop Converged Media Platform
Jan 9, 2012 — MobiTV and Deutsche Telekom (Frankfurt:DTE; NYSE:DT) are partnering to develop a converged media platform that will enable the delivery of content across multiple platforms including mobile phones, tablets, PCs, Internet TVs and set-top boxes.
News categories: MobiTV, Deutsche Telekom, Germany, IPTV, Mobile, OTT, Set Top Box, Smartphone, Tablet
Global Market for Mobile Video Services to Reach US$30 Billion by 2017
Nov 10, 2011 — Global Industry Analysts (GIA) has announced the release of a global report on the Mobile Video Services market. The market for mobile video services is projected to reach US$30 billion by 2017.
News categories: Global Industry Analysts, Market Research, Mobile, OTT
- End-to-End Solution for OTT and IPTV delivered by Motama
- nangu.TV launches recommendation engine
- Microsoft unveils Xbox One home entertainment system
- Canby Telcom to create video streaming service on Roku
- Pathé partners with Xstream for Widevine DRM on iOS and Android devices
- Isobar and SKY Brazil launch first ever record-via-twitter service
- TDS TV upgrades to Mediaroom 2.3
- Sales of set-top boxes with embedded MoCA grew 23% in 2H12
- Telekom Malaysia's HyppTV IPTV service to go nationwide
- Multiscreen video delivery via residential gateways a fast-growing trend
- ITU-IEC produces metadata standard for cross-platform IPTV
- TalkTalk is Britain's fastest growing new TV service
- Vodafone to use Deutsche Telekom network for IPTV in Germany
- More than 3,000 on-demand services in Europe
- Russia to add 900,000 IPTV subscribers in 2013
- Mobile TV & video viewers to exceed 2 billion by 2017
- 24% of Russian homes equipped for satellite TV reception
- Belkin launches Dyle™ Mobile TV Receiver for iPad/iPhone
- Eastern Europe to add 13 million digital TV homes in 2013
- Vivendi (Canal+, GVT) releases first quarter 2013 results