Digital TV News: Mstar Semi
Exset and MStar cooperate on set-top box design for emerging markets
Sep 30, 2013 – Exset has announced a cooperation with MStar to create a semiconductor and software platform for Exset's Digital Monetization System (DMS). DMS is Exset's model that makes pay-TV self-financing without depending exclusively on subscriber fees for revenue.
News categories: MStar Semi, Exset, Scot Cuthbertson, Alex Borland, Apps, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MStar latest OTT chip now supports Irdeto Media Protection
Aug 27, 2013 – MStar Semiconductor brings Irdeto Media Protection compliance to its new platform for the Over The Top (OTT) Pay TV Set Top Box market, showcasing MStar MSD7862 chipset for SD/HD H.264 with HbbTV support.
News categories: MStar Semi, Irdeto, Content Protection, Digital TV, HbbTV, OTT, Semiconductor
Espial introduces new version of Espial TV Browser
Aug 14, 2013 – Espial has announced the latest version of its Espial TV Browser. The new version includes picture-in-application, support for live TV tuners embedded in HTML5 apps, intelligent remote control mapping, and support for video trick modes in any HTML5 app.
News categories: Espial, Middleware, OTT
Aston and Mstar release State of the Art Satellite receiver at CABSAT
Mar 13, 2013 – Exclusively for CABSAT, Aston presents its new satellite receiver, XENA® HD Twin +, in card-less version. The XENA® HD Twin + is the outcome of a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor and Aston's historic partnership with Viaccess.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, Viaccess, Conditional Access, HbbTV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Aston releases Mstar Semiconductor-based satellite receiver
Jan 31, 2013 – At CSTB in Moscow, Aston has introduced its XENA HD Twin +. The new twin tuner, MPEG-4 HD PVR DVB-S2 satellite receiver is packed with the best of Aston technology and is the outcome of a partnership with MStar Semiconductor.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MStar Semi to integrate Flingo interactive TV platform
Jan 16, 2013 – Flingo has announced that Samba, its interactive TV platform, will be integrated into MStar Semiconductor's (TSE:3697) Smart TV solution to instantly synchronize any screen -- TV, tablet, phone or PC -- with live TV shows.
News categories: Flingo, MStar Semi, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Aston embeds Viaccess-Orca ACS 5.0 content protection
Oct 29, 2012 – Aston and Viaccess-Orca have announced that ACS 5.0, Viaccess-Orca's most advanced content protection security technology, is now available embedded in Aston's latest generation STBs & CAMs.
News categories: Aston, Viaccess-Orca, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM
Ubitus, MStar join forces on Smart TV cloud gaming
Aug 31, 2012 – Ubitus and MStar Semi will showcase smart TV cloud gaming solutions at IFA. By pre-integrating Ubitus' GameCloud, MStar's Smart TV Controller SoCs will enable TV makers to stream video games over broadband networks without additional hardware.
News categories: MStar Semi, Ubitus, Apps, Digital TV, IFA2013, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)