Digital TV News: Mstar Semi
Aston and Mstar release State of the Art Satellite receiver at CABSAT
Mar 13, 2013 – Exclusively for CABSAT, Aston presents its new satellite receiver, XENA® HD Twin +, in card-less version. The XENA® HD Twin + is the outcome of a new partnership with MStar Semiconductor and Aston’s historic partnership with Viaccess.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, Viaccess, Conditional Access, HbbTV, Personal Video Recorder, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
Aston releases Mstar Semiconductor-based satellite receiver
Jan 31, 2013 – At CSTB in Moscow, Aston has introduced its XENA HD Twin +. The new twin tuner, MPEG-4 HD PVR DVB-S2 satellite receiver is packed with the best of Aston technology and is the outcome of a partnership with MStar Semiconductor.
News categories: Aston, MStar Semi, CSTB, Digital TV, Satellite, Semiconductor, Set Top Box
MStar Semi to integrate Flingo interactive TV platform
Jan 16, 2013 – Flingo has announced that Samba, its interactive TV platform, will be integrated into MStar Semiconductor's (TSE:3697) Smart TV solution to instantly synchronize any screen -- TV, tablet, phone or PC -- with live TV shows.
News categories: Flingo, MStar Semi, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
Aston embeds Viaccess-Orca ACS 5.0 content protection
Oct 29, 2012 – Aston and Viaccess-Orca have announced that ACS 5.0, Viaccess-Orca’s most advanced content protection security technology, is now available embedded in Aston’s latest generation STBs & CAMs.
News categories: Aston, Viaccess-Orca, Content Protection, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM
Ubitus, MStar join forces on Smart TV cloud gaming
Aug 31, 2012 – Ubitus and MStar Semi will showcase smart TV cloud gaming solutions at IFA. By pre-integrating Ubitus' GameCloud, MStar’s Smart TV Controller SoCs will enable TV makers to stream video games over broadband networks without additional hardware.
News categories: MStar Semi, Ubitus, Apps, Digital TV, IFA, Middleware, Semiconductor, Smart TV
MediaTek Announces Tender Offer for MStar Semiconductor
Jun 22, 2012 – MediaTek (TSE:2454) has announced that it has made a tender offer to acquire shares of MStar Semiconductor (TSE:3697). Upon completion of the offer, MediaTek plans to conduct a follow-on merger with MStar and expects it to complete in early 2013.
News categories: MediaTek, MStar Semi, Digital TV, M&A, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart TV
MStar to Become First TV Solution Provider to Adopt DivX Plus Streaming
Jun 6, 2012 – Rovi Corporation (Nasdaq:ROVI) has announced plans for its DivX® Plus Streaming technology to be integrated into MStar System-on-a Chip (SoC) platforms for Smart Digital TVs (DTVs). Rovi will demonstrate DivX Plus Streaming at COMPUTEX.
News categories: Rovi Corp, MStar Semi, COMPUTEX, Digital TV, Media Player, OTT, Semiconductor, Smart TV
MStar partners with Taiwan Multiple System Operator CNS
Mar 5, 2012 – MStar has announced that it's set-top box semiconductor platform will be used by Taiwanese cable TV operator CNS for its move to digital broadcasting. The partnership is also expected to form the basis of CNS' smart digital home platform.
News categories: MStar Semi, CNS, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Taiwan
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA