Digital TV News: NET Serviços
Net Serviços ends 2012 with 5.38 million pay TV subscribers, up 13.8% Y-o-Y
Feb 12, 2013 – Net Serviços de Comunicação (BM&FBOVESPA:NETC3,NETC4; Nasdaq:NETC; Latibex:XNET) has announced results for the fourth quarter and year-ended 2012. The Pay TV base ended the year with 5.381 million clients, 13.8% up on 2011.
News categories: Net Serviços, Brazil, Cable TV, Results, Subscribers
América Móvil nears 10 million pay TV subscribers in Brazil
Feb 9, 2012 – América Móvil (BMV:AMX; NYSE:AMX; NASDAQ:AMOV; LATIBEX:XAMXL) has announced results for the fourth quarter of 2011. The company finished December with 13.4 million Pay TV units, a year-on-year increase of 33.1%.
News categories: América Móvil, Net Serviços, Brazil, Cable TV, Chile, Ecuador, Results, Satellite, Subscribers
Satellite and IPTV Gaining Fast on Cable Video; Netflix, Amazon Threat Insignificant So Far
Nov 1, 2011 – Infonetics Research does not expect OTT to have a significant impact on pay TV subscribers because operators are responding to OTT with their own enhanced delivery offerings. Cable video’s share is expected to decline as satellite video increases.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, Digital TV, IPTV, Market Research, OTT, Satellite
Kudelski reports 2011 half year results
Aug 23, 2011 – The Kudelski Group (SIX:KUD.S) has announced its 2011 half year results. Group total revenues in constant currency declined by 8.5%, while reported total revenues dropped by 21.9% compared to the first half of last year, reaching CHF 392.2 million.
News categories: Kudelski, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Content Protection, Middleware, OTT, Results, Satellite, Smart card / CAM, Terrestrial
Pay-TV services market hits $240 billion
May 16, 2011 – Infonetics Research has released excerpts from its Cable, Satellite, and IPTV Video Services and Subscribers report, which tracks the telco Internet protocol television (IPTV), cable video, and satellite video markets.
News categories: Infonetics Research, Cable TV, IPTV, Market Research, Satellite, Subscribers
Pace Surpasses Motorola to Take Set-Top Box Lead
May 11, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) in 2010 became the world’s No. 1 seller of set-top boxes (STBs) in terms of unit shipments for the first time ever on an annual basis, surpassing Motorola (NYSE: MMI), new IHS Screen Digest research indicates.
News categories: Screen Digest, Digital TV, Market Research, Set Top Box
Nagra Secures More Than 10 Million DTV Devices In South America
Apr 12, 2011 – Nagra (SIX:KUD.S) has announced that its conditional access technology now secures more than ten million devices in South America. The majority of these devices are also enabled by the company’s OpenTV middleware.
News categories: Nagra, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Latin America, Market Research, Middleware, NABShow, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
Pace Signs New Deal With NET Servicos in Brazil to Deliver Digital TV Services
Mar 17, 2011 – Pace (LSE: PIC) has announced that it has signed a deal to expand its two year partnership with NET Serviços (BM&FBOVESPA: NETC3, NETC4; Nasdaq: NETC; Latibex: XNET). Pace will develop new platforms to enable NET to deploy advanced digital services.
News categories: Pace plc, NET Serviços, Brazil, Cable TV, Conditional Access, Digital TV, Middleware, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA
- Zenverge developing RDK gateway transcoding plugin