Digital TV News: Ocean Blue Software
Skyviia partners with Ocean Blue on CI Plus
Jun 6, 2012 – Skyviia has announced that it has partnered with Ocean Blue Software to enable CI Plus on its SV8870 SoC. Ocean Blue has a CI Plus solution that is V1.3.1 ready and includes the CI+ browser module for use in host devices such as set top boxes and IDTVs.
News categories: Skyviia, Ocean Blue, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, Smart card / CAM, Smart TV
Ocean Blue develops anti-virus software for Connected TVs
Jun 6, 2012 – Ocean Blue has announced that it has partnered with Sophos to develop a cloud-based antivirus solution that can be shipped either as part of the Ocean Blue middleware or as a stand-alone client for solutions with their own middleware.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Sophos, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Ocean Blue Talking TV Software Benefits Thousands In Australia As Part Of Government Help-Box Scheme
Apr 4, 2012 – Ocean Blue has partnered with Hills Antenna & TV System to release the first of its kind 'Talking' set-top box in Australia. The Talking Set Top Box, Hills HD94003G, was developed with the assistance of the Australian Government and Vision Australia.
News categories: Ocean Blue, Hills Antenna, Australia, MHEG-5, Middleware, Set Top Box
Ocean Blue to launch HbbTV, T2 And MHEG Turnkey Solution At IP&TV World Forum
Mar 15, 2012 – Ocean Blue Software has announced that their multi-process DVB core, MHEG-5 and HbbTV middleware is to be launched at the IP&TV world forum in London next week.
News categories: Ocean Blue, DVB-T2, HbbTV, MHEG-5, Middleware, TVConnect
ACCESS and Ocean Blue Software Partner to Provide Connected Home and TV Software
Sep 7, 2011 – ACCESS CO. and Ocean Blue Software have announced that they will work together to provide middleware solutions supporting IP Connected Home and Connected TV.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Ocean Blue Software, DLNA, HbbTV, Home Networking, Middleware, OTT, Smart TV
Ocean Blue Releases News DVB Software for Multi-processor Digital TV Receivers
Jun 1, 2011 – Ocean Blue has released a new version of its Sunrise DVB software to support multi-core CPUs and multi-tasking. Sunrise DVB is now capable of working as either the core of the system or as a plug-in module to a more complex, bus driven architecture.
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
Ocean Blue and iP4.tv, the leading combination for the HbbTV market
Mar 21, 2011 – iP4.tv has chosen Ocean Blue Software as their partner to supply DVB software for its new EVO-3x platform. This will be showcased at this year's IP&TV World Forum.
News categories: Ocean Blue, iP4.tv, Digital TV, HbbTV, Middleware, OTT, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, TVConnect
Ocean Blue Alerts Consumers To Digital TV Virus Risks
Feb 7, 2011 – The latest generation of TVs and set-top boxes are at risk of virus infection unless manufacturers take steps to build in protection, says digital TV specialist, Ocean Blue Software (OBS).
News categories: Ocean Blue Software, Content Protection, Digital TV, Middleware, Set Top Box, Smart TV
- Magyar Telekom Group acquires 9 smaller cable networks
- Sigma Designs reports third quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Xbox One sells more than 2 million units in the first 18 days
- Hollywood to deliver UltraViolet video with Dolby Digital Plus
- Canal+ begins advanced testing of Frog By Wyplay software
- eircom deploys SeaChange for its eVision TV service
- Bouygues Telecom deploys Broadpeak IPTV servers
- SK broadband IPTV subscribers pass the 2 million mark
- ViXS reports results for the third quarter of fiscal 2014
- Thailand's Samart uses Dolby Digital Plus in HD DVB-T2 set-top boxes
- Telekom Austria selects Harmonic for new DTH platform
- Rohde & Schwarz to equip Qatar with DVB-T2 technology
- Global mobile & tablet entertainment revenues to reach almost $75 billion by 2017
- NimbleTV cloud-based TV service launches in NYC
- UUX iTaaS platform powers Telenor MyTV multiscreen TV
- Australia switches off final analogue free-to-air TV signal
- CANAL+ launches myCANAL second screen service
- Shipments of OTT-enabled devices set to reach 1.7 billion this year
- Telefonica losing Pay TV share in key Latin American markets
- Samsung licenses Reference Design Kit (RDK)