Digital TV News: Pirelli Broadband
ADB to showcase advanced platforms for the Connected Home at IPTV World Forum
Feb 28, 2011 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) has announced that it will unveil its comprehensive portfolio of pay-TV and broadband solutions at the IPTV World Forum, stand 39, March 22-24th in London.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box, TVConnect
ADB acquires Pirelli Broadband Solutions
Oct 21, 2010 – Advanced Digital Broadcast (SIX: ADBN) has given an update on its business. Also, ADB Group and Pirelli & C have agreed on ADB's acquisition of 100% of the shares of Pirelli Broadband Solutions (PBS), a company fully owned by Pirelli & C.
News categories: Advanced Digital Broadcast, Pirelli Broadband, Digital TV, IPTV, Italy, M&A, Set Top Box
ACCESS and Pirelli Broadband Solutions announce DLNA certification of Residential Gateway
Mar 25, 2010 – ACCESS Systems Europe and Pirelli Broadband have announced that Pirelli's Residential Gateway DRG A226M, operating with ACCESS NetFront™ Living Connect, has successfully completed the DLNA Certification & Logo program.
News categories: ACCESS CO., Pirelli Broadband, DLNA, Gateway, Home Networking, Middleware
Pirelli Broadband unveils Set Top Box powered by Intel Atom Processor CE4100
Mar 23, 2010 – Pirelli Broadband has unveiled the P.VU3000I, a High Definition Set Top Box platform for hybrid IPTV application powered by the Intel® (NASDAQ:INTC) Atom™ Processor CE4100.
News categories: Pirelli Broadband, Intel Corp, Digital TV, IPTV, Semiconductor, Set Top Box, TVConnect
OTE selects Pirelli Broadband as IPTV Set Top Box supplier
Mar 16, 2010 – Pirelli Broadband has announced that it has been selected by OTE (ASE: HTO, NYSE: OTE) to supply its P.VU2000 High Definition IPTV and P.VU2600 High Definition PVR Set Top Boxes for OTE's Conn-x TV IPTV service in Greece.
News categories: Pirelli Broadband, Conn-x, OTE Group, Digital TV, Greece, IPTV, Personal Video Recorder, Set Top Box, TVConnect
Open IPTV Forum moves one step ahead and proves interoperability
Nov 23, 2009 – The Open IPTV Forum (OIPF) has announced that its first Interoperability Event was successful. The event took place from Nov 16th - 20th in the premises of the event host, Fraunhofer FOKUS in Berlin, Germany.
News categories: Open IPTV Forum, IMS, Infrastructure, IPTV, Middleware, Set Top Box
Pirelli Broadband Selects WebTView Search Technology
Sep 8, 2009 – WebTView and Pirelli Broadband Solutions have announced that WebTView's Platform has been selected for Pirelli's STBs. WebTView's software automatically scans the internet to build a normalized and unified internet video catalog.
News categories: Pirelli Broadband, WebTView, Digital TV, IPTV, Middleware, OTT, Set Top Box
Quantenna Launches the World's First Wireless Chipsets that Deliver Guaranteed Bandwidth for High Speed Wireless Networking
Oct 14, 2008 – Quantenna Communications has announced the world's first fully integrated 802.11n chipsets with 4x4 MIMO and transmit (Tx) beamforming, pioneering a new level of ultra reliability for delivering high-definition (HD) content over wireless networks.
News categories: Quantenna, Digital TV, Home Networking, ICs, Semiconductor, Wireless
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal
- LOVEFiLM launches streaming application on PlayStation 4
- Embratel acquires Net Serviços in Brazil
- Dutch digital TV subscribers grow to 6.6 million in Q3
- Vivendi approves plan to spin-off SFR
- Creonic announces DVB-S2 IP cores