Digital TV News: RMI Corp
Samsung Selects RMI Processor for 'LED TV Couple' Product Family
Sep 4, 2009 – RMI Corporations's Au1250® processor has been selected for Samsung’s LED TV Couple. The LED TV Couple allows two channels of video to be watched on a primary digital TV as well as on the portable LED TV Couple device simultaneously.
News categories: RMI Corp, Samsung, Home Networking, IFA, Media Player, Portable, Semiconductor, Smart TV, Tablet
RMI® Corporation Signs Licensing Agreement for DivX Plus™ HD Certification
Sep 3, 2009 – DivX (Nasdaq: DIVX) and RMI Corp have announced a licensing agreement for next-generation DivX Plus™ HD Certification. Under the agreement, RMI is granted a license to support DivX Plus HD technology on its Au1200 and Au1300 processors.
News categories: DivX, RMI Corp, Licensing, Media Player, OTT, Portable, Semiconductor
Nextreaming and RMI Team up to Deliver CMMB Mobile TV
Jun 4, 2009 – RMI Corporation and Nextreaming have announced that they have successfully combined and optimized their technologies to enable first-in-class devices supporting mobile TV services over China Mobile Multimedia Broadcasting (CMMB) network.
News categories: RMI Corp, Nextreaming, China, CMMB, Media Player, Middleware, Mobile, Semiconductor
Digital Cube Selects RMI’s Au1300 Processor for its Next Generation Platform
Feb 18, 2009 – RMI Corporation has announced that Digital Cube has selected the Alchemy Au1300 Processor for its next generation platform to fuel its Mobile Internet Devices and Portable Media Players with HD video playback and a rich 3D user interface.
News categories: RMI Corp, Digital Cube, Digital TV, MWC13, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet
RMI Introduces Industry’s Most Advanced Processor for Portable Media Applications With Integrated ARM Mali 3D Graphics Acceleration
Jan 8, 2009 – RMI Corporation has introduced its game changing RMI Alchemy™ Au1300™ Processor Family, targeted at consumer devices requiring high CPU performance, low power consumption, and rich media capabilities.
News categories: RMI Corp, CES, ICs, OTT, Portable, Semiconductor, Silicon IP, Tablet
ThinkNavi Picks RMI Alchemy Au1250 Processor for ThinkNavi T7 DVB-T Portable Navigation and Mobile TV Media Player
Jun 3, 2008 – RMI Corporation has announced that Thinkware, a leader in the personal and portable navigation industry, has selected the RMI Alchemy™ Au1250™ Processor for its ThinkNavi T7, a DVB-T based Portable Media Player for the European Market.
News categories: RMI Corp, ThinkNavi, COMPUTEX, Digital TV, Europe, In-Car, Portable, Semiconductor, Tablet, Terrestrial
RMI’s Alchemy Processor Selected for iRiver’s Newly Announced WinCE 5.0-Based P10 Personal Media Player
Jan 8, 2008 – RMI Corporation™ has announced that Reigncom (iRiver) has chosen the RMI Alchemy™ Au1250 Processor for its recently announced iRiver P10 Personal Media Player with Touch-Screen.
News categories: RMI Corp, Reigncom, CES, Digital TV, Personal Video Recorder, Semiconductor, T-DMB, Tablet, Wireless
RMI Launches the Fastest and the Most Power-Optimized Consumer Processor in the Industry for Multifunction Portable Media Players
Jan 7, 2008 – RMI Corporation™ (RMI®) has announced that it is shipping the highest performing and most power-optimized embedded processor in the industry for multifunction portable media players (mPMP™), mobileTV, and personal navigation devices.
News categories: RMI Corp, CES, Mobile, Semiconductor, Tablet
- Verimatrix to provide security for NTT Plala's multiscreen offering
- Measat and Ericsson trial UHDTV satellite contribution
- Tvingo Telecom reaches 30,000 IPTV subscribers
- Telenet launches 'TV with a card' CI+ option
- Vectra launches new HD set-top box from Motorola
- Sigma Designs reports first quarter fiscal 2014 results
- Huawei widens lead in broadband CPE market
- Astro Malaysia adds 40k pay TV subscribers in quarter to end-April
- Minerva secures RDK licence from Comcast
- Amino and Intracom to provide IPTV entertainment solution to South Eastern European operator
- One billion pay TV subscribers by 2018
- Brazil to move final analogue switchover to 2018
- Comcast introduces X2 Xfinity platform
- Time Warner Cable to bring content to Samsung Smart TVs without a Set Top Box
- Simple.TV adds Rovi Entertainment Store
- 115 million U.S. and Canadian pay TV subscribers to have access to multiscreen services by 2016
- NTT to show 4K internet streaming to a set-top box at IMC Tokyo 2013
- TiVo rolling out to Mediacom customers
- Broadcom introduces hybrid headless video gateway SoC
- Orange Romania launches TV service with GlobeCast on ASTRA