Digital TV News: RTÉNL
RTÉ Ireland Chooses Eutelsat's KA-SAT for its 'SAORSAT' Free to Air Digital Service
Mar 13, 2012 – Ireland's national broadcaster, RTÉ, has chosen Eutelsat's (Paris: ETL) KA-SAT to ensure that all homes in the Irish Republic will be able to benefit from free digital reception of the RTÉ public service television and radio channels.
News categories: Eutelsat, RTÉNL, SAORSAT, Digital TV, Ireland, Satellite
Ireland announces Digital Television switch-on
Oct 29, 2010 – The government of Ireland has announced that the RTE Digital Terrestrial Television service is now available to 90% of the Irish population. The Digital Television service has launched from 24 sites around the country on a trial basis.
News categories: RTÉ, SAORVIEW, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Ireland, Terrestrial
Broadcasting Authority of Ireland Statement on Commercial DTT Multiplex Licensing Process
Aug 5, 2010 – The Authority considers that it will not be feasible to introduce commercial DTT until after Analogue Switch Off at the earliest. A competition could potentially be held during 2012 with a view to commercial DTT being operational in 2013.
News categories: Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, RTÉNL, Infrastructure, Ireland, Terrestrial
RTÉ Irish free to air DTT service set to launch to 90% of population by October 31st 2010
Jun 3, 2010 – Ireland's Minister for Communications, Energy and Natural Resources has signed an Order requiring RTÉ to ensure that their free to air digital TV service is operational and available to 90% of the population by 31st October 2010.
News categories: RTÉ, Digital TV, Infrastructure, Ireland, Terrestrial
MPEG-4 chosen for Irish Digital Terrestrial TV
Jul 31, 2008 – Communications Minister Eamon Ryan has announced that Ireland's first DTT trial will end on August 1st, 2008. The Minister announced the results of the trial, the technology chosen for digital TV in Ireland and a timeline for national rollout.
News categories: Broadcasting Commission of Ireland, DCENR, Digital TV, Ireland, Regulation, Set Top Box, Smart TV, Terrestrial
- South Africa's Cabinet issues statement on conditional access
- Mongolia's MNBC migrates to DVB-T2 with Thomson video headend
- Qualy TV DTH arrives in Costa Rica
- Elliptic Technologies announces hardware-enforced content protection for Microsoft® PlayReady®
- Marvell unveils SoC for Google Services for Smart TVs with Hisense
- Bosnia's m:tel to upgrade IPTV service with Motorola
- Gartner says worldwide semiconductor revenue grew 5.2 percent in 2013
- LG to incorporate Qualcomm's AllJoyn into Smart TV platform
- Semiconductor sales recover in 2013
- Ono TV Online launches in Spain
- Rostelecom IPTV subscribers reach 2 million
- Sigma Designs announces turn-key hybrid set top box with Ginga
- SMiT launches CI+ 1.3 VoD CAM into Netherlands market
- INSIDE Secure protects premium mobile entertainment for Sky Italia
- Sequans and Huawei collaborate to advance LTE broadcast technology
- SmarDTV CI Plus modules for RCS & RDS pay TV in Romania and Hungary
- ATSC establishes Candidate Standard for Interactive TV
- Portugal adds 13,000 pay TV subscribers in 3Q 2013
- Smart TV market worth $265 billion by 2016
- New Zealand switches off analogue TV signal